Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryAs Test Architect you will analyze, create, review, and document test cases for complex applications and systems; mentor others; provide field support; and coordinate the work of a test engineering team.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Medication Management Solutions
With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team is able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
As Test Architect you will analyze, create, review, and document test cases for complex applications and systems; mentor others; provide field support; and coordinate the work of a test engineering team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Creating test scenarios throughout the project life cycle that conform to testing standards, business requirements, and architectural/design standards.
- Assisting in the review of test scenarios from junior members.
- Analyzing, recommending, and validating the creation of test environments needed for each project.
- Providing timely and accurate status reports on testing activities to the project team, managers, and the QA manager.
- Providing necessary training for junior members as needed.
- Coordinating with the test team to define tasks, dependencies, and timelines for the testing efforts.
- Creating a test strategy, analyzing test results, identifying defects in software and problems in infrastructure, architecture/design, database design, and business requirements.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on milestones/specifications reviews to the business analysis team.
- Creating necessary documentation (such as design verification deliverables) consistent with department quality standards.
- Providing necessary post-release support on site issues for field teams (DevOps).
- Providing necessary test environments and support for teams engaged in various extended-development and dry run efforts.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Expertise in testing methodology, developing test strategy, estimates and test cases.
- Experience in unit, end-to-end, regression, performance, integration, and user acceptance testing.
- Thorough knowledge of the Agile methodology and Quality Standards.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt quickly, effectively, and continually to changes in work objectives, processes, and technologies.
Education and experience required:
- B.S. Computer Science degree and 5-8 years’ experience or commensurate experience in a Software Engineering or Test environment.
- Experience with some of the following would be helpful.
- The Build-Test-Deploy pattern utilizing Microsoft technologies.
- The C++ programming language.
- Troubleshooting and recovery of MS SQL.
- Hands-on experience with industry standard automation tools - Selenium and the use of C# as scripting language is preferred.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.