Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Play a critical role in the development of life sciences technology as a reliability engineer in the Reliability Engineering team within R&D, enabling our products to realize their promise to improve human health! Guide the project teams though defect prioritization, failure analysis, root cause investigation, corrective action implementation, and final validation. Assess program and technical risk through statistical analysis. Be a facilitator of standard methodologies to ensure robust design, thorough risk assessment, and multi-functional transparency and alignment. Be an ambassador of customer experience, design quality, and reliability. Primary duties include the following:'
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Create and implement test plans to effectively mitigate risks in new PCB designs
- Author and execute test protocols and author test reports
- Understand and improve upon automated test equipment provided by the EE team to achieve the best understanding of board performance
- Work with various test equipment to record relevant data
- Record, organize, and manage large amounts of detailed test data
- Analyze test data and interpret results for critical design decision-making
- Solve PCB failures and/or reliability issues as necessary
- Provide engineering guidance to the EE team for new board revisions to ensure reliable and robust products
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience with testing and troubleshooting PCBAs
- Experience with authoring and executing a vision to evaluate board performance and reliability
- Technical writing for the preparation of plans, protocols, and reports
- Advanced statistical knowledge, specifically around Design for Six Sigma principles such as graphical analysis, DOE, and hypothesis testing
- Experience with statistical tools such as Minitab
- Proven ability to utilize equipment for measurements and failure analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer programming knowledge, such as Python, is not required, but preferred
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.