R&D Sourcing Manager
Job Description SummaryThe R&D Sourcing Manager is accountable for the procurement work stream of Global Product Development System (GPDS) process and R&D activities through strategic supplier development and selection process to ensure optimized time to market, best value delivery while meeting business requirements in terms of financial targets, quality, delivery, regulatory, contracting and compliance requirements. This role will work in close alignment with global and regional sourcing teams and also cross-functional teams to drive the sourcing strategy for the assigned business (es) pipeline of innovation projects.
This role will:
- Be accountable for the overall sourcing strategy for Innovation/New GDPS process, contributing to the projects’ commercial success as part of the GDPS core team.
- Lead the overall planning, leadership and execution of all strategic procurement activities and ensure appropriate alignment between suppliers, sourcing associates and GPDS cross-functional teams.
- Act as single point of contact and represent all aspects of strategic procurement at new product development and innovation project core team meetings
- Align overall sourcing strategy for new product development work and insure clear communication of material/design requirements, schedule and project deliverables
- Foster collaboration with our external preferred supplier networks to leverage on their innovation capabilities, transforming ideas into commercial solutions to contribute to BD’s top-line revenue growth
- Responsible for stakeholder relationships with assigned product development teams as well as with sourcing associates for pre- and post-launch new product development activities.
- Execute new product development pre-launch activities such as commercial aspects of supplier qualification and supplier development in close collaboration with R&D, cross-functional operations teams as well as category/procurement teams
- Responsible to elaborate and align with the business and project leaders on “procurement source plan” deliverables by project according to GPDS process
- Responsible for creating and managing, Development Agreements, SOW, Supply Agreements, Master Service Agreements, among others related with new project development
- Requesting prototype samples for specific projects as needed
- Create and elaborate Make vs. Buy analysis with a cross functional teams for each project
- Define business requirements for each project based on business unit vision
- Coordinate and obtain CDA, RFI, RFQ, Cost Model, Clean Sheet and Cost estimation for each project
- Responsible for managing supplier due diligence for development and qualification activities
- Where applicable, establishes initial post-launch supplier relationship management with key suppliers and ensure that all suppliers are treated in a professional, ethical and fair manner
- Responsible for managing to procurement project deliverables and for integrating the appropriate sourcing and procurement activities into the R&D project or New Product Development process
- Improves BD's financial position through procurement related project deliverables, cost savings, non-price value opportunities and risk mitigation impacting R&D and New Product Development teams.
- Represents all aspects of Procurement at Core Team meetings
REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in R&D, strategic sourcing, supplier development, new product development or innovation procurement experience
- Strong influencing and communication skills within a highly matrixed and multi-cultural organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- High cross-functional understanding of New Product Development, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Supply Chain processes and standards
- Strong business and commercial acumen and result oriented
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain or equivalent
- Experience in medical technology, healthcare or pharmaceutical industry as an advantage
- Medium travel may be required.
Primary Work LocationUSA MA - Andover
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ