Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist (OSHA)
Job Description SummaryThe position of EHS Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining records that are applicable to Federal and State Environmental, Health and Safety standards and regulations as well as compliance with internal company standards. This position will handle all aspects of OSHA and EPA compliance requirements including training.
The position of EHS Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining records that are applicable to Federal and State Environmental, Health and Safety standards and regulations as well as compliance with internal company standards. This position will handle all aspects of OSHA and EPA compliance requirements including training. A successful EHS Specialist will assist in the establishment and maintenance of facilities documentation to ensure compliance with federal, state & corporate requirements by reviewing and revising existing BD procedures as well as partner with internal document control to release revised documentation to employees. Participate in internal and external audits, schedule or conduct training to maintain compliance, as well as coordinate the storage, compliance and disposal of chemicals.
- Develop and maintain HAZ COM/Bloodborne Pathogen, Slip Trip and Fall, Hearing Protection, RCRA, DOT, safety, and environmental programs / trainings
- Schedule and conduct engaging quarterly safety meetings
- Verifying compliance with training programs of all facility occupants to certify all are familiar with emergency procedures
- Ensuring inspection and testing of all fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, eye wash stations, safety showers and other safety equipment
- Confirm compliance of regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, MA DEP, Corporate, and Divisional procedures, standards, and regulations) by working in tandem with the Facilities Manager
- Utilize outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills combined with good written communication skills to provide a safe work environment
- Associates degree in a science related field and prefer 3 years EH&S experience
- Proficient in policy development and training presentations
- Highly knowledgeable of EHS compliance requirements on state & federal levels as well as OSHA standards including fire protection systems, emergency response programs, safety committee and audit programs
- PC skills (word processing, electronic spreadsheet, E-mail)
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA MA - Woburn
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ