Job Description Summary
The Compensation Manager reports to the Americas Sr. Manager, Total Rewards; this position leads the efficient and effective delivery of the Americas US Compensation Programs and Global compensation standardized programs. The position will lead a team of Compensation Specialists and work with a global team to deliver the compensation programs.
The Total Rewards Compensation Manager participates in the implementation and administration of compensation plans including special projects and the annual compensation process ensuring they are supportive of the company’s strategic business goals.
This role manages the day-to-day activities of compensation including partnering with Human Resource and other various internal stakeholders on all compensation related matters, such as, base pay, incentives, merger and acquisition integration, and other compensation related policies, programs, and strategies. Sets and monitors SLA’s and performance metrics to ensure customer satisfaction and targets are met. Acts as a change agent working with global and US stakeholders to ensure continuous improvements are implemented for all related work streams. Monitors and evaluates on-going changes, services and/or processes improvements. Partners with the Global Compensation/Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) to ensure service delivery remains closely aligned with program and policy design and strategic business objectives.
- Manages, leads and develops a team of Compensation Specialists.
- Provides operational and technical oversight of the annual compensation planning cycle in Workday, among other system projects. Oversight responsibilities may include definition of compensation set-up requirements, process design, configuration input and approval, data effort, preparation of pre-launch data and process launch, creation of communication/training materials, post-launch support, and data audits.
- Partners and collaborates with the Compensation CoE for effective delivery of the programs.
- Partners in the development and implementation of compensation processes.
- Provides operation and technical oversight of the annual surveys, various compensation projects to review base pay, incentives, merit, pay adjustments, compensation metrics, and other compensation related topics.
- Actively partners with internal stakeholders (i.e. HRBPs, CoE) for initiatives transitioning to the center.
- Partners with Human Resource and other various internal stakeholders on all compensation related matters, such as, base pay, incentives, merger and acquisition integration, and other compensation related policies, programs, and strategies.
- Supports the HR transformation journey by participating in, setting up and stabilizing the Compensation team of the Americas ASC. Leads Global Compensation ASC responsibilities as appropriate.
- Serves as Americas ASC liaison with the Global Compensation/Total Rewards CoE and collaborates on policy and process design, improvements, and issue and/or exception resolution with a focus on streamlining and process optimization.
- Collaborate closely with HRIT team to implement compensation setup change and lead/perform detailed validation and testing of system changes.
- Tracks the Americas Total Rewards Compensation program for trends and performance to enhance customer service and case management in collaboration with the CoE.
- Identifies, recommends, and sets up appropriate service targets to assess the performance of the Compensation team. Ensures adequate resource planning and work prioritization through close monitoring of case load allocation and service delivery results, adjusting to assure prompt resolution of all escalated issues.
- Reviews performance metrics to lead and support continuous improvement of the ASC processes. Ensures that processes are standardized and simplified to the maximum extent possible. Proactive in developing and implementing solutions to address any process gaps that hinder efficiencies.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained and accessible (process maps, RACI, SLA, Desktop procedures, users’ guides, etc.) for all Americas processes for which the ASC is accountable. Ensures legal or regulatory local requirements are detailed.
- Ensures that questions, requests, issues, and events are resolved in an expedited manner.
- Ability to travel as necessary, average 5%.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a professional HR/Business Administration qualification
- Five years’ hands on experience in managing Compensation programs preferred
- Minimum of three years’ hands on supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to independently compose routine written communications
- Proficient in the administration of compensation programs
- Solid understanding in HRIS and integration. Workday experience is desirable.
- Ability to align and empower resources to meet/exceed customer expectations
- Collaborative experience in a matrixed organization
- Ability to think strategically and operationally
- Detail oriented; understand big picture while being able to explain and implement specific processes
- Organization and interpersonal savvy to navigate ambiguous situations and influence senior leaders
- Certified Compensation Profession Certificate (CCP) is desirable
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ