Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Associate Territory Manager - Columbia, S
- Support Sales Team in the field via field rides to gain exposure and learn from the ground up the sales process; listen and participate in sales calls to enhance sales skills.
- Attend sales training to learn BD’s vascular products to effectively provide support to Sales Consultants.
- Protect and grow BD Vascular Access Device portfolio. Primary emphasis on Safety IV Catheters, Accucath, and PowerGlide product categories.
- Provide customers product information and training.
- Informs customers of new and current pricing, backorders, and company policies.
- Effects comprehensive in-service of peripheral access products to all concerned individuals.
- Works closely with SC and RBM on planning and prioritization of sales calls, managing time effectively.
- Develops thorough knowledge of all peripheral access products.
- Works closely with and communicates daily with both Territory Manager and District Manager within assigned geography
- Informs Sales Consultant and Regional Business Manager of significant changes in customer accounts.
- Reports customer complaints in accordance with Vascular Access Device (VAD) complaint procedure.
- Complete all administrative duties associated with position in a timely fashion.
- Cultivating new and existing customers to establish long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Work a flexible work schedule and travel to meet the needs of VAD customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to four years of outside sales experience or equivalency.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to relocate for available Territory Manager positions.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Good judgment and professional behavior
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, medical and vascular terminology.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build and sustain professional relationships with hospital, other sales and home office personnel.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing