New Product Development Operator (Days)
Job Description Summary
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 45,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
- Varying work shifts and schedules, some include every other weekend (Friday – Sunday) off.
This role will support builds of prototype medical devices and develop related processes. The position is responsible for fabrication of medical devices per work instructions and work order deviations. The operator will be responsible for completing and maintaining batch records for builds. Minimal work in inventory control and tracking will also be required. The work includes manual build processes and some semi-automated and automated processes.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Build devices per written protocol and approved deviation.
- Follow work instructions and operate semi-complex equipment as necessary.
- Use basic measuring devices to assess quality of assemblies.
- Perform visual inspections based on documented criteria.
- Run automated equipment, perform set-ups, troubleshooting and components exchange
- Complete and maintain build paperwork in accordance with ISO and GMP Standards.
- Recommend improvements to the processes, as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED (minimum requirement)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MA - Andover
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ