Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Job Title: Account Executive- Acute Care, (LoneStar)
Territory: San Antonio, TX
The Account Executive is responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing customers. They are responsible for maximizing customer value and satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Additional responsibilities include building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers; and managing a longer sales cycle.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of BD and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation; demonstrates advance knowledge of how BD offerings match with customers' unique business needs.
- Serves as a leader in maintaining balance in all areas of the pipeline, ensuring consistent sustainable results; manages pipeline independently within own business unit
- Creates and executes an opportunity plan independently which drives consistent results
- Consistently utilizes all resources available within own business unit and frequently involves other business units in consistently executing the Solution Sales Process
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with BD both pre- and post-sales
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
- 2-3 years successful medical equipment sales (capital is preferred)
- Pharmacy, IT, Nursing, C-suite call point
- Ability to manage a long sales cycle
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Must live in territory
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing