Assembly Technician 2
Job Description SummaryPerforms a variety of assigned tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, cable harnessing, and fitting on assembly units. Works from diagrams and drawings and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Conducts quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves basic issues associated with instrument assembly operations.
- Responsible for assembling multiple product lines including integration of sub-assemblies into the instrument
- Execute on multiple production orders and processes within allotted time standards
- Provide overall device history record recording, reporting (serial numbers, tools)
- Provide basic component testing (pre-assemblies, modules of simple instruments)
- Provide assistance and training as required to other operators
- Complete any related production activities in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and in accordance with BD's expectations for Safety and Quality
- Work or interface with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Planning and Purchasing as needed
- Complete work activity in the accordance to BD's defined specifications, operating procedures, and company policies.
- Must be able to perform standard material handling functions for instrument raw materials and sub-assemblies.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and efficient work environment through execution of all housekeeping responsibilities including cleaning, sweeping, organizing to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must follow all BD housekeeping policies and procedures
- Must follow all BD safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet BD business requirements
- Performs other duties as required.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 7am-330pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ