Assembly Technician 3
Job Description SummaryPerforms a wide variety of assigned tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, cable harnessing, and fitting on assembly units. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Conducts quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. Disassembles, modifies, reworks, reassembles, and tests experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves complex issues associated with instrument assembly operations.
- Able to build, integrate, and understand the entire assembly process and requirements for any instrument in the production area
- Responsible for assembling multiple product lines including integration of sub-assemblies into the instrument
- Provide overall device history record recording, reporting (serial numbers, tools)
- Provide basic component testing (pre-assemblies, modules of simple instruments)
- Identify defects, recommend design and process improvements
- Provide Expertise in reading / understanding drawings, work instructions, and overall workmanship standards
- Provide training to associates as needed including broad variety of mechanical and basic testing activities
- Execute on basic test instructions as needed including analyzing results and data to determine pass / fail and/or next steps.
- Conduct routine / moderately complex troubleshooting and repair work
- Complete any related production activities in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and in accordance with BD's expectations for Safety and Quality
- Work or interface with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Planning and Purchasing as needed
- Complete work activity in the accordance to BD's defined specifications, operating procedures, and company policies.
- Must be able to perform standard material handling functions for instrument raw materials and sub-assemblies.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and efficient work environment through execution of all housekeeping responsibilities including cleaning, sweeping, organizing to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must follow all BD housekeeping policies and procedures
- Must follow all BD safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet BD business requirements
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school with 4 years instrument manufacturing experience or an AA technical degree with 2 years’ experience and has high mechanical tool proficiency/fundamental knowledge of electrical equipment and compliance
- Proven leadership skills capability and ability to mentor, coach, and develop other associates
- Proven ability and accountability to results and to improve performance and processes across a team, work cell, or project.
- Must demonstrate a strong ability and commitment to Continuous Improvement. Including ability to initiate, implement, and ongoing support all aspects of Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing) philosophies through active participation in Blitzes, Shift –start up meetings, Kaizen Action Sheets, Safety, and other CI projects and initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical tools including torque drivers, gauges, bits, etc.
- Highly proficient at reading drawings, interpreting and measuring dimensions, requirements, etc.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage time across multiple production orders and processes within allotted time standards.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team setting to reach common goals.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and work within specified Quality procedures.
- Must demonstrate the understanding and support of Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing) philosophies through active participation in Blitzes, Shift –start up meetings, Kaizen Action Sheets and other CI projects and initiatives.
- Proven ability to complete tasks in support of achieving goals and improved performance
- Must be able to effectively manage frequent assignment changes
Proficient/Working Skills: (i.e. Forklift Certification, computer skills, problem solving skills)
- Must be proficient in English with the ability to read, write, analyze/evaluate charts, follow simple diagrams and perform basic arithmetic
- Basic proficiency with PCs (Personal Computers) and basic use of a Windows environment is required
- Use independent judgment to plan, perform, make decisions, troubleshoot and problem solve in areas on set up, operations, and processes
- Must be able to work in a repetitive work environment and be able to stand for long periods of time
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 7am-330pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ