Assoc. Dir. Marketing, Acute MDx
Job Description SummaryAssociate Director for Global Marketing, Acute Care Molecular Diagnostics
Global Marketing Associate Director, Molecular Diagnostics (MDx)
Global Downstream Marketing
The Assistant Marketing Director, Molecular Diagnostics (MDx) is responsible for driving market development and awareness of the MDx assay portfolio with direct responsibility for the BD MAX assays. In this role, the Assistant Marketing Director supports the Global Downstream team as it relates to overall market portfolio management and communications strategy with focus on tactics and execution for the BD MAX syndromes, ensuring standardization and cohesiveness across the portfolio. Additionally, this associate assumes responsibility for the IDS Integrated Marketing and the IDS Global Marketing teams, representing Molecular Diagnostics and Women’s Health & Cancer Marketing. The Assistant Marketing Director serves as the main contact for the IDS Solutions and Customer Experience teams and serves as the ‘CE coach’ for the Acute MDx team.
The AMD has direct management responsibilities for Product Managers supporting Core MDx and WHC instruments in consumables in managing supply/demand, product lifecycle management and overall regional support. Reports to Business Line Leader for a cohesive sustaining program and project prioritization. This responsibility supports talent development and succession planning for organization.
The Assistant Marketing Director has direct responsibility for the market development and syndromic strategies on BD molecular platforms, including partner assay and collection device development. This associate is directly responsible for achieving global strategic and financial performance through comprehensive and timely market development, marketing and product strategy development and execution as well as innovation and business development activities. Other responsibilities include regional support for syndromic assays such as training, commercialization, collateral development and KOL development/trade shows/seminars. Within the Enteric syndrome responsibilities include development and support for strategic opportunities for growth across BD platforms to include BD Kiestra, BD collection and transport and the BD COR System.
As this role has responsibility for key syndromes with high market growth potential, this associate will develop strategies for expansion into adjacent markets including ASR Strategy team, regional opportunities, business case development and other special projects relating to the IDS strategy.
- Leads Global Downstream MDx team in developing BD MAX portfolio tactics and support to Regional rollout and execution. Key areas of focus include playbooks for platform and key syndromes, regional training plans and workflow tools. Maintains supporting tools with quarterly updates utilizing market and competitive intelligence, BD product and commercial updates and regional input.
- Works with regional sales and marketing teams to align global platform plans in each region and define and track regional implementation/rollout plans. Supports this effort as the lead on the Global Downstream team for BD MAX Portfolio Selling associated Playbook development.
- Works across BD platforms and business units to develop BD solution strategy and commercial execution to support MDx market needs, technology changes and competitive activity.
- Supports management of MDx Marketing team, annual market plan and leads month financial performance and S&OP reviews.
- Develops/maintains a clear understanding of current infectious disease MDx markets and vision of expected market evolution with an understanding of the implications on customer needs. This includes assessments for existing products, and existing and new applications.
- Defines and executes a clear worldwide syndromic strategy for Infectious Disease diagnosis in Acute Care setting, including defining a multi-generational product roadmap, identifying and developing business case/plans for new product innovations and applications across BD platforms and businesses, launching new products and line extensions, managing product lifecycles, forecasting, pricing strategies and guidelines, etc.
- Works closely with Healthcare Economics team to develop models and programs that will drive primary demand for molecular assays in the syndrome areas.
- Develops and executes worldwide marketing plans, including market assessment, prioritization and development, sales and marketing tool development, clinical study identification and planning, etc. to include downstream economic and clinical considerations in Infectious Disease diagnostics.
- Proactively develops and executes competitive strategies based on competitive intelligence and appropriate market research and analysis, particularly as it relates to pre-launch activities for new assays.
- Owns, manages and drives market development activities including developing external relationships with key opinion leaders in the laboratory, public health, hospital, lean and other appropriate areas related to platform usage and adoption. Market development activities to expand market access and create awareness Infectious Diseases to both emerging and developed markets that are currently not testing for critical syndromic areas.
- Provides real-time support to sales specialists in all regions, and act as an interface between sales and R&D, as appropriate, to assess technical issues or opportunities.
- Ensure presence and participation at high-priority conferences, meetings, etc. and drive appropriate publications to support defined platform value propositions.
- Supports the Global Product Development System (GPDS) process as a core team member (CTM) within Qualification and Launch phases. Core team activities will include coordinating with Market Research team on VOC initiatives and providing marketing leadership to the core team to develop a customer focused approach to product development and launch.
- Effectively partners and collaborates with regional marketing leaders, R&D, Clinical and Scientific Affairs, Business Development and other functions to ensure appropriate inputs into portfolio and marketing strategy and KOL development.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably within a technical area of focus; Four year scientific or business degree preferred. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in worldwide strategic marketing, global marketing and product management in life science companies with a focus on commercialization excellence, product and portfolio management and brand strategy.
- Demonstrated skills in development and execution of successful new product launch plans that have provided rapid, global, market penetration and uptake in fast moving, competitive markets.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans; demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing and product strategies, convert them into tactical marketing plans, execute and deliver results.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious, stays current on new trends, and takes calculated risks with novel ideas.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - written and oral - for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong relationships with, customers, advisory boards, and potential or existing business partners.
- Leadership presence with ability to utilize organizational channels, experience and influencing skills to effectively negotiate and persuade others, comfortable with complex and matrixed-team environments.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
- Flexibility to travel globally to regions and customer sites at least 30% of the time
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ