Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job Description SummaryContinuous Improvement Analyst supports CI activities and initiatives that have broad organizational impact focusing on Continuous Improvement. This includes supporting (CI) projects and achievements of results, including creating a culture of Continuous Improvement.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Continuous Improvement Analyst supports CI activities and initiatives that have broad organizational impact focusing on Continuous Improvement. This includes supporting (CI) projects and achievements of results, including creating a culture of Continuous Improvement.
Establish and maintain effective relationships with the Plant leadership team to support process improvement and business excellence efforts.
Actively find new opportunities for process improvement, reduce production cost and improve customer satisfaction.
Foster and encourage an organizational focus on process management, including related metrics, management-by-fact and best practice business discipline.
Provides support in CI analytics and reporting to plant leadership.
Introduce efficiency measurement (productivity and OEE) and quality improvement tools and methods to monitor/optimize the efficiency of operating processes in the organization.
All functional activities will be performed in accordance with Plant Operating Procedures, GPDS guidelines, and all applicable BDDS Quality Procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree, or above, in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience required; working in a manufacturing environment. Medical device (preferred).
- Digital literacy and data analytics proficiency required (Advanced Office, PowerBi, SAP and MiniTab)
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills, including business and financial analyses
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, fluency in interpreting and modeling the BD values, ability to seek input from others, ability to relinquish control, and knowledge of current and anticipated customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, consult and influence management in a cross-functional, matrix, global environment. Ability to challenge business leaders at all levels while building relationships and gaining respect.
- Excellent written and oral skills, and strong facilitation and negotiation skills required.
- Detail oriented, with emphasis on accuracy and completeness.
- Lean, Six Sigma experience and/or certification (preferred).
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visithttps://jobs.bd.com/
Becton,Dickinson,and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ