Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryCustomer Success Manager, Professional Services, IDS (Remote)
This role will be covering the West & Mid-West, so ideal candidate will reside in these geographic areas.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for Lab Automation Solutions at BD
Our Laboratory Automation Solutions are redefining the way laboratories operate. Our solutions improve time-to-result, reduce human processing errors and enhance overall quality of care. We seek to complement these ground-breaking Laboratory Automation Solutions with an equally impressive customer experience, creating yet another source of differentiation for BD in the marketplace.
About the role:
The Sr. Manager of Customer Success will be responsible for the overall health of the post-sale customer relationship for an assigned set of accounts. The key objectives of the role is to cultivate a balanced relationship and ensuring an excellent customer experience that benefits the customer by (1) prioritizing the customer in all that we do as a collaborative business unit (2) Maximize customer value derived from our solutions while striving to elevate their overall experience.
The position is responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing customer experience while supporting their strategic goals through BD products, services and intellectual capital.
- Define, Lead and Optimize Customer Experience through their Lifecycle
- Drives assigned customer relationship (Director level and up) from the time of contract signature through the full customer lifecycle.
- Executes the mapping and pro-actively handling customer’s and internal critical issue pathways
- Accountable for optimizing defined customer journey touch-points and interactions with BD for assigned customers
- Works closely with Optimization Consultants, Application Specialists, IT consultants and Marketing to identify new opportunities and facilitate process and data improvement initiatives
- Provides actively drives alignment between the customer’s and BD’s long term strategies and assist customer in long-term strategy design
- Establishes a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned customer
- Actively advocates on behalf of assigned customer while looking for opportunities to cross-/up-sell and contract renewals
- Measurably Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Increase and maintain customer renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Measure Effectiveness of Customer Success
- Increase overall customer satisfaction scores for define customer touch-points and interactions with BDDS as an organization
- Define operational metrics for customer success; ensure there are adequate systems for tracking metrics; create cadence for review with the team and external partners; expose subset of metrics to executive team, company and board as needed
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores with Customer key Leadership functions (Lab Director, VP of Finance, VP of Supply Chain/Ops)
- Enhance Support Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Handles enterprise level customer issues with timely resolution and communication across all key partner groups
- Point person for ALL customer management activities from billing disputes to scheduling education and training sessions.
- Empowered to take the actions, activate resources to make doing business with BD easy for the assigned customer(s)
- Advocates for customer needs and issues across BD to improve BD solutions
- Accountable that US Technical Services has and drives proper support programs to serve the assigned DS accounts
- Inspire Customer Success Across Lab Automation
- Create and drive a US Region and DS-wide culture of Customer Success
- Align with internal teams (i.e. Service regarding existing clients, R&D regarding product roadmap, Sales regarding cross/up sell and retention, Finance & Marketing Operations regarding metrics & forecasting, Regional VP leadership teams)
- Be accountable for our DS-wide customer feedback loop
Education and experience required:
- Minimum Bachelor degree Required, Business Management, Marketing or similar focus
- 7+ years’ experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention required in a large scale business (e.g. 1,000+ employees, $1B+ revenue)
- Experience navigating in heavily matrixed environment and work cross functionally.
- Consistent track record influencing through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth with a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented approach; proven ability for critical thinking; excellent communication and presentation skills; demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Be able operate effectively in ambiguous situations
- Builds successful partnerships with key partners
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Preferred experience in providing valuable automation services with impact at Executive level a plus.
- Good understanding of hospital and lab informatics systems
- Preferably previous Healthcare customer experience
- Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Willing and able to travel over >50%
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 26 Loveton Circle
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing