Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryField application specialist supporting the Cytology products in the US. up to 80% travel is required.
Reporting to the Field Applications Sr. Manager, the Cytology Applications Specialist provides high-level technical and application training to BD Customers within clinical, public health, and industrial laboratory settings. This position has a primary focus on training in diverse settings; promoting sales of BD instrumented platforms and total system solutions, and assisting with on-site customer installation and troubleshooting.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most ambitious global health issues
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical / Application Training
- Conducts comprehensive user training on BD instrumented platforms and achieves customer proficiency,efficientl utilization, and self-sufficiency
- Shows strength in application of BD instrumented platforms and software by uncovering customer’s needs, implementing customized solutions, and assuring rapid adoption
- Collaborates with Technical Service and Support and Field Service to improve customer experience
- Provides expertise in all stages of the sales cycle by assisting sales associates in enlightening technical features and functions of BD Instrumented platforms
- Actively engages in regional Sales and Marketing programs in delivering efficient service portfolio to the customers
- Ensures the fulfillment of and adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Drives implementation process and full utilization of BD instrumented platforms
Sales and Marketing Support
- Conducts product demonstrations while promoting product value to support the sales of BD instrumented platforms at trade shows, BD sponsored workshops, and customer sites
- Assists local, regional, and national sales associates and management during the sales of BD instrumented platforms by providing customized presentations
- Supports or participates in BD sponsored Webinars and Teleconferences
Technical Input to New Product Development:
- Participates on project teams as appropriate, following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO 9000, Quality Procedures and PACE (Product and Cycle-time Excellence) Development protocols for new product development.
- Chips in to laboratory workflow productivity and other customer needs to improve efficiency and efficacy of platform training.
- Ensures population and understanding of electronic Project databases and Service Intranet with content relative to Application business
- Conducts training for BD associates in BD instrumented platforms as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of technical and workflow related aspects important to the discovery phase of system implementation within clinical and public health laboratory settings
- Proven effective interpersonal skills including effective internal and external communication and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with regulatory agencies (i.e. CLIA, USP, GMP/CGMP) and quality procedures are highly desirable
- Models effective training, education, and presentation/demonstration of products
- Consistent integrity in customer, cross-team/functional interactions with high concern for customer needs and expectations
- Works well with a team.
- Initiates and willingly accepts new assignments and optimally completes them
- Knowledge and experience with Technical and Application support
- Works with positive demeanor and able to communicate the departmental and organizational vision and goals
- Constantly and persistently strives for driving perfection in technical and customer facing skills with team members
- Good solid understanding of various computer software applications (i.e. MS office, Access) and Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) are preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Biological Sciences, or Molecular/Microbiology, advanced degree desirable.
- CT (ACSP) preferred
- Training in "Train-the-Trainer" methods, instructional design / development, adult educational methods desirable
- Minimum 5 years confirmed experience in a clinical hospital or reference laboratory setting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Technical, Clinical Training and Education environment.
- Ability to travel domestically.
Why join us?
A career at BD means joining a team that values your points of view and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an expansive, growth-centered, and exciting work environment. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing