Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryUnder the direction of the Sparks Sr. Operations Manager, this position is responsible for various maintenance, installation and repair functions on facility and operations equipment, especially those requiring trade skills, such as HVAC, mechanical, and electrical, and in a supporting role for other facility maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
- Responsible for all aspects of facilities and operational equipment maintenance to include conveyors, forklifts, compressor, stretch wrap machines, dock doors, etc.
- Detects defective materials or questionable conditions and make corrective recommendations to the department supervisor.
- Participates actively on the DC Safety Committee, which may include attendance to monthly meetings and responsible for safety-related action items.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Computer skills necessary for managing and tracking building maintenance programs and systems.
- Acts as liaison between DC Leadership and campus JLL contractors
- Conducts weekly and monthly inspections to remain in compliance with Environmental Health and Safety SOP’s.
- Responsible for facility-related special projects.
- On Call Requirements are associated with this position.
- May be required to work off shift and/or weekends.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be directed by management depending on work priorities.
- Must take safety first and be able to work diligently to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedure designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required.
- Able to identify and order proper maintenance parts and supplies when needed. Able to ensure all supplies are on hand when needed.
- Must be able to logically organize tasking.
- Must be able to work independently and without supervision in a team environment.
- Must have trade license or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to read electrical and pneumatic schematic drawings.
- Must be able to take care of all facility safety related activities.
- Must be able to recommend appropriate repair strategy.
- Strong knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and material handling equipment.
- Job requires a high degree of reliability.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years’ (or equivalent) trade-related experience preferably in a manufacturing / industrial / distribution environment.
- Must have knowledge of current trade related regulations and practices.
- Must have knowledge of a wide variety of equipment including compressors, material handling equipment, conveyors, electrical control devices (photo-cells, solenoids, air pressure switches, scanners, motor starters/overloads, etc.), trade tools and support equipment.
- Must be able to operate and work on all equipment including turret trucks, forklifts, scissor lifts, power tools, etc. at heights up to 48 feet.
- Must be able to work up to ten hours in 40 degree Fahrenheit refrigerated warehouse.
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Hands on trade experience, welding, PLC, electrical wiring and demonstrated machine shop proficiency.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical controls and use of electrical measuring devices.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 26 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftUS BD 2nd Shift 3pm-1130pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.