Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryBD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions in Sparks, MD is seeking a Software/Systems Test Engineer II to join a cross functional team tasked with the development and validation of instrumented diagnostic systems and associated software. Test Engineering supports product development through verification and validation activities to ensure our products and solutions meet BD’s Quality Standard.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Designated test engineering team representative on one or more cross-functional project teams
- Works with the interdisciplinary team to document product requirements and detailed specifications
- Participates in hands-on creation and execution of test cases and manages associated protocols/ reports, SCRs
- Identifies and enters problems discovered into defect tracking system, verifies problems are resolved, updates problem status and closes related issues.
- Performs work consistent with departmental SOPs
- Reviews and analyzes reported anomalies or deviations to obtain resolution in collaboration with SW, Systems, Electrical, and/ or Mechanical Engineering teams
- Tracks project related risks and participates in project scheduling meetings
- Assists software, systems, electrical engineering teams with troubleshooting, characterizations, and V&V activities
- Supports our service/ training organization as needed for troubleshooting customer complaints
- Support verification of manufacturing test equipment and associated documentation, including training and knowledge transfer activities
- Engages in continuous improvement to enhance our testing processes, coverage, and overall effectiveness
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills (EQ), enabling successful integration into a cross-functional team responsible for delivering projects on-time to BD’s quality standard
- Proven experience developing test strategy, with demonstrated attention to detail
- Candidate ideally has experience working with instrumented clinical IVD systems and/ or software test procedures and associated documentation
- Ability to understand the design of complex diagnostic systems and evaluate/ update specifications as needed
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for Medical Instruments, ISO 14971, IEC 62304 standards
- Experience with defect tracking tools, and understands requirements traceability and specification management, test protocol and test case creation
- Familiarity with requirement management and test management tools (i.e. Cognition Cockpit, Visio, TFS/VSTS)
- Four-year undergraduate degree in engineering, science or related field
1-3 years of software/ instrumented system test experience, preferably in an embedded/ hardware environment
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.