Global Product Manager – Assays and Consumables, Core MDx and WHC
Job Description SummaryGlobal Product Manager is accountable for the achievement of key marketing functional goals at a product line level for BD Molecular and Women’s Health and Cancer Assays and Consumables. These products supporting multiple instruments (molecular and cytology) and solutions across the business line portfolio. The role will have responsibility for downstream marketing activities in support of our Regional Marketing teams with focus on demand planning and supply management. Influences the development and drives the execution of functional or product line plans with direct impact to revenue.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most sophisticated global health issues
Global Product Manager is accountable for the achievement of key marketing functional goals at a product line level for BD Molecular and Women’s Health and Cancer Assays and Consumables. These products supporting multiple instruments (molecular and cytology) and solutions across the business line portfolio. The role will have responsibility for downstream marketing activities in support of our Regional Marketing teams with focus on demand planning and supply management. Influences the development and drives the execution of functional or product line plans with direct impact to revenue. Works closely with Global Marketing Managers, providing significant input into product line-related business decisions and resource planning. Plays critical role in key projects/ initiatives improving our overall customer experience and operational efficiency. Demonstrates marketing knowledge in daily activities and responsibilities, e.g. branding, product development, forecasting, product campaigns. This position will be accountable for worldwide product planning as well as forecast and demand consensus for reagents as applicable. Will serve on product development core teams as well as act as the liaison between internal functional areas and field based sales teams.
- Manages all aspects of product marketing plans for assigned products to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations and product line strategies, including market sensing, market development and marketing mix.
- Manages drivers of demand for assigned product line(s) such as pricing strategy, channel strategy, contracting, and product mix.
- Participates as a marketing member on cross-platform technical teams, delivering the marketing leadership and support needed to the relevant projects.
- Works in conjunction with other BD marketing teams to find opportunities to improve product collection devices and claims as well other associated ancillary products applicable to the molecular or cytology platforms covered.
- Works with worldwide marketing manager in driving new product development.
- Works with sales and national accounts groups in rolling out strategic product and pricing initiatives.
- Works closely with regional sales training teams to update and develop sales training tools for associated product line.
- Responsible for developing sales promotions either direct or through distribution for covered product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific/technical area, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in product and/or market management. Business experience may include marketing, sales, sales training, business development.
- Prefer minimum of 2 years of business experience in the life science industry.
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, targeted marketing, competitive analysis, pricing strategy and go to market models and strategies.
- Demonstrates effective communication and presentation abilities and can work internationally with diverse teams.
- Displays an understanding of product lifecycle management, business strategy planning, comprehensive market assessment and financial justification/analysis using product line financial management tools.
- Has a history of achieving and delivering against key objectives and timelines.
- Able to work at a fast pace with minimal direction.
- Flexibility to travel 25% of the time.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ