Manager Revenue Assurance
Job Description Summary
We’re looking for a highly motivated, driven, and experienced Manager Revenue Assurance to join our Revenue Assurance team at BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS). The role is based in Sparks, MD, reporting to the Associate Director, Revenue Assurance. As a Manager Revenue Assurance, you will support monthly planning and executing special projects for Revenue Assurance group – not limited to revenue review, SOX controls and process improvements on a Life Sciences Global level.
The qualified candidate will understand and interpret contracts/term sheets, and provide the communication/guidance to the finance and sales teams to help in deal structures along with meeting revenue and margin goals for the quarter. You will also support the Finance and Accounting Team with various schedules and analysis. You will act as a subject matter expert, managing the revenue process and will be accountable for a level of training and coaching.
- Implements and maintains processes and controls
- Reviews and guides Sr. Revenue analyst(s)
- Reviews reconciliations (Contract Asset/Liability, Net Investment in the Asset) related to the Revenue Assurance Team
- Provides data needed to efficiently respond to all Audit queries
- Manages complex projects related to process improvements
- Effectively identifies researches and works resolution for revenue recognition and other accounting issues affecting the team. Recommends best course of action
- Performs, with little guidance, activities including scheduling, sample selection, procedures surrounding system testing, and upgrades in step with the Systems Lead.
- Identifies, submits for approval and effectively implements improvements to current accounting procedures
- Instructs/teaches others
- Expert in all Revenue Assurance procedures and processes
- Collaborates with other managers and regions
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Accounting required, or degree with accounting equivalent classes.
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance function or combination of education and experience if CPA obtained. Preferred CPA certification and/or MBA.
- Mix of public accounting and industry accounting experience with large publicly-held companies preferred.
- Must have prior revenue recognition experience, with working knowledge of ASC 606, ASC 605, ASC 842, IFRS 15, and IFRS 16.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with large ERP systems (SAP experience a strong plus).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to present data in a comprehensive and articulate manner.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Prior Revenue Recognition experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interact upward and cross functionally and manage working with a large team.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills with a focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Keen attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a fast pace and team environment.
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required (both written and oral).
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external professionals at all levels.
- Must be comfortable working independently and as a team player, taking initiative in daily responsibilities and taking ownership of tasks.
- Creative problem-solving and out of the box thinking skills.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- You bring a positive, can do attitude and high energy to your interactions with the business!
- You think ahead, anticipate questions, independently assess solutions, and think critically and creatively.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ