Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryAs directed by the Quality Manager, The Quality Assurance Tech3 is responsible for maintaining all Quarantine, Hold, Expired, Return Goods and Recalled product. This includes the control and maintenance of the same inventory. This position should assist RADR requests, product discards, and resolution of issues related to Quality or Inventory Control.
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Implementing and monitoring all procedures and processes as they relate to Quarantine, Hold, Expired, Return Goods, and Recalled product Process records
- Disposition of all Quarantine and Hold product on a timely basis.
- Follow up on hazardous waste disposal with contractor and maintain manifest and certificate of disposal files.
- Create and finalize all paperwork and reports associated with QA Holds, Recall, CAPA’s, Returned Goods and Expired product reviews and approval.
- Operate material handling equipment required for placement, placarding and movement of product.
- Maintain accurate reports for the business unit and internal management.
- Answer questions and report information regarding Quarantine, Hold, Expired, Return Goods, Recalled product and scrap.
- Complete RADR sample requests assigned to Quality
- Provide direction and coordination to warehouse team relative to specific quality focus areas (segregation, identification, methods of movement).
- Support the scrap of product as authorized by the business unit (when applicable)
- Actively participate in quality programs and quality project teams.
- Responsible for making recommendations regarding continuous improvement of department work processes and operating procedures.
- Assist Quality manager in preparing procedures, work instructions, hazardous material shipping papers, reference guides.
- Ensure product placed in a secure area and detailed information is provided on a timely basis for disposition.
- Must meet the response time established by the customer and be in compliance with corporate and regulatory policy.
- Ensure that lot reconciliation and internal records for product retrieval are properly documented and recorded.
- Report product damage to account representatives and obtain authorization for disposition.
- Discard non-conforming product by scrapping (using the compactor or loading into appropriate scrap authorized trailer) or donation orders (if applicable).
- Create orders and arrange transport.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand FDA, EPA, DOT and OHSA rules and regulations (desirable)
- High School diploma or GED required; some college helpful.
- One or more year’s warehouse experience including computer skills. A quality control background is helpful.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Requires minimal supervision and able to follow established procedures as directed.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams to obtain results is required.
- Ability to safely operate all required equipment. Must maintain a current forklift license.
- Possess the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment and influence others
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of warehouse management and inventory management aspects of SAP
- Must be able to work in refrigeration (2-8 Celsius) up to 10 hours per day
- 3-5 years of experience with Distribution processes (preferably)
- Must perform satisfactory driving tests on all equipment (forklifts, turret truck/ order-picker)
- Prior working knowledge of SAP (desired)
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 26 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftUS BD 2nd Shift 130pm-10pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory