Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The Quality Data Associate is responsible for data entry, applying basic scientific principles to routine laboratory tasks and for gaining experience in the application and interpretation of the department procedures. She/He will perform assigned routine laboratory tasks and learn the application of Quality procedures to ensure compliance. Tasks consist of maintaining the chemical inventory of laboratory reagents, discarding expired reagents, receiving incoming samples, appropriate storage of incoming sample, and general maintenance of sample storage areas.
- Performs general laboratory duties (i.e. management of product retentions, lab cleaning, etc.) as directed by departmental SOPs.
- Handles hazardous materials in the proper manner as established by safety and company policy.
- Assists in documentation writing & revising including test methods, final product specifications, SOPs, etc. as required.
- Maintains the organization and filings of quality records.
- Data entry of calibration records for instrumentation.
- Ensures laboratory results are sorted and delivered to customers in a timely fashion.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of High School diploma.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in data entry required.
- Familiarity with MS Excel strongly preferred.
- Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager strongly preferred.
- Experience with SAP strongly preferred.
- Experience handling reagents and samples preferred.
- Attention to detail, be able to multi-task
- Experience working in group setting and supporting team members.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 830am-5pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory