Job Description Summary
We are seeking a Scientist I to work within a team that develops automated assays using nucleic acid isolation and real-time amplification/detection technologies. This person will be responsible for assisting in the design, development, integration and qualification of assays and/or specimen processing workflows on automated systems. The successful candidate may also be expected to provide support in execution of clinical studies to validate performance of the assays and assemble relevant information in support of regulatory submissions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes a broad range of practical techniques in molecular biology in experiments, validations or qualification.
- With oversight, develops/adapts procedures to meet specific objectives and solve problems.
- Independent with proven ability to apply scientific principles to achieve project objectives, including the design and execution of experiments, and analysis and interpretation of data.
- Collects, records, reports and presents results to peers and supervisor/manager either orally or in writing.
- Understands and leverages published research in molecular diagnostics.
- Provides technical input to other scientists within Research and Development and provide support to other functional groups.
- Drafts protocols for and conducts validation studies as well as analyze and interpret results.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Life Sciences, Bio/Biomedical Engineering, or related.
- Minimum 1 year relevant academic, clinical, or industry lab work experience required.
- Proficiency in a range of techniques in molecular biology including nucleic acid extraction and amplification.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in the processing of clinical specimens for the recovery of nucleic acids, together with a strong background in microbiology, virology and/or clinical laboratory science is advantageous.
- Experience in handling of infectious biological samples and working in a cGMP environment are desirable
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ