Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The Becton Dickinson Integrated Diagnostics Solutions (BDIDS) division is looking for a senior level software developer who has a passion for delivering great software products that meet customer needs. The right candidate will be a self-motivated, positive person who can work independently as well as being a team player, has excellent debugging/problem solving skills, has built innovative forward-looking solutions and appreciates delivering a high-quality product.
The candidate will be part of a highly technical BD software engineering team developing our next-generation molecular laboratory medical instrumentation system. The candidate must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction while collaborating with the team to achieve agreed upon scheduled deliverable work. The Senior Software Engineer will participate in a full software development life cycle.
- Works independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned
- Contributes to project schedule generation including scope of work, duration of tasks, and order of execution
- Monitors work progress against schedule commitments, reports progress to leadership in a timely fashion, including when work will not be completed according to schedule milestones
- Works with team to establish necessary requirements specifications and test plans for software product validation
- Responsible for translating requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components
- Implement new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; participates in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems
- Troubleshoot/debug issues within existing automation systems and implements modifications to resolve these issues
- Presents/Participates with team in design reviews and code inspections in a constructive manner
- Insure adherence to BDDS development policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements, BD quality standards and conveys an expectation of high software quality
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in C#/.NET for Windows development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with SQL Server, Entity Framework, LINQ
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated understanding of development in a process oriented/regulated environment and adhering to a quality management system is required
- Demonstrated understanding of electro-opto-mechanical instruments/modules is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with multi-threaded software design and development
- CI/CD experience preferably with Git and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Agile Scrum process is a plus
- Experience working in an FDA/ISO-regulated environment is a plus
- Knowledge of Controls Systems experience is a plus
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.