Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Solution Integration Architect will be a part of BD's R&D Software Engineering team for the development of software tools and the integration of new medical diagnostic instruments at healthcare facilities. They also will develop, deploy, and support hardware and applications to support product development and R&D needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with key stakeholders to specify, plan, design, develop, test, and support software components as assigned.
- Responsible for implementation of new system component designs or enhancements to existing IT tools and software products.
- Leads the implementation of more complex subsystems and solutions.
- Collaborates with other application and instrument development teams to develop and use common tools and shared components.
- Suggests improvements or adaptations to existing methods or processes to improve the solution architecture.
- Establishes and clarification of specifications for assigned work tasks.
- Aids in the design architecture or modifications of software system components.
- Works with team leadership to set up necessary architecture specifications and requirements for product validation of designs.
- Facilitates the decisions on the scope of work, duration of tasks, and determination of requirements.
- Participates in technical and architecture reviews.
- Presents material on new or enhanced designs to members of the project team.
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%
- On-call evening/weekend work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in IT, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in deploying IT architecture and solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years experience supporting various IT infrastructures.
Experience with one or more of the following is desirable:
- Healthcare Technology background desired.
- Hands-on network diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft and VMware tier 3 & 4support.
- Medical Device Cyber Security.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic with a commitment to achieving project goals.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills- verbal, written, and listening.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including development, test, and program management support
- Good team player.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.