Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryBD’s Integrated Diagnostic Solutions R&D Engineering team is seeking an experienced Staff Engineer - Software Test Lead to grow and develop the test team within our Microbiology Engineering Group. This role is responsible for leading software testing efforts for new product development programs and leading/ mentoring the software test team in all aspects of testing, manual and automated.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and mentors a diverse group of software testers in achieving testing goals for key new product development programs
- Allocates and manages test resources according to varying needs of different product teams
- Works with the interdisciplinary team to document product requirements and detailed specifications
- Takes ownership in developing a continuous-integration and testing capability for product development teams
- Builds, refines and manages a suite of manual and automated regression and integration tests
- Tracks project related risks and participates in project scheduling meetings
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement, elevating our test capabilities and performance through associate development and training, and increased utilization of test automation
- Creates and maintains documentation related to testing, including Test Plans, protocols, deviation reports, and summaries.
- Collaborates with project cross functional representation to derive specifications, test cases and develop associated schedule and resource estimates
- Participates in hands-on execution of test cases and manages associated protocols/ reports, SCRs
- Supports our Service and Operations functions to assist with addressing customer complaints and manufacturing utility verification efforts
- Assists software, systems, electrical engineering teams with troubleshooting, characterizations, and V&V activities
- Identifies and enters problems discovered into defect tracking system, verifies problems are resolved, updates problem status and closes related issues
- Performs work consistent with departmental SOPs
- Candidate ideally has a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Informatics, Software Engineering, or related.
- Prior experience in a Software test lead role working on instrumented systems, ideally in the medical device or diagnostic product development environment.
- Ideally has a total of 6+ years of software/ instrumented system test experience
- Proven experience leading a test team (both automation & manual) with onshore/offshore models
- Experience working on an Agile Scrum team contributing to sprint planning, estimations and retrospectives
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (EQ), enabling successful integration into a cross-functional team responsible for delivering projects on-time to BD’s quality standard
- Proven experience developing test strategy, with demonstrated attention to detail
- Candidate ideally has experience working with instrumented clinical IVD systems and/ or software test procedures and associated documentation
- Ability to understand the design of complex diagnostic systems and evaluate/ update specifications as needed
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for Medical Instruments, ISO 14971, IEC 62304 standards
- Experience with defect tracking tools, and understands requirements traceability and specification management, test protocol and test case creation
- Familiarity with requirement management and test management tools (i.e. Cognition Cockpit, Visio, TFS/VSTS)
- Ability to understand and write SQL scripts
- Familiarity with Agile, Design for Six Sigma Methodologies
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 8am-430pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.