Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe IDS Training Specialist is a subject matter expert instructor for BD Life Sciences medical device platforms within the Integrated Diagnostics Solutions (IDS) business segment. As part of the National Systems Specialist Team (NSS), this professional will deliver technical, systems-level training to NA Field Service Engineers and Technical Support Specialists for a range of products. This individual will report direct to the Manager, LS NSS, and have dotted-line accountability to the North America (NA) National Training Manager. This Training Specialist will enhance the competencies of individual employees by facilitating and delivering performance-based training which covers system install, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance. This individual will support training-need assessments for the organization, and develop curriculum and materials to ensure success for training programs under accountability.
The Training Specialist will work closely with Global Centers of Excellence to receive required Instructor Certifications and Qualifications. Training will be executed per a demand planning schedule for field-based and in-house specialists, which includes tier-based training for different levels within the organization. The Training Specialist will make improvements to training materials to enhance student learning, based also on feedback from student surveys. As most students may be new hires, this individual will also play a role with certain aspects of the on-boarding process for new employees, and be required to assess student proficiency and communicate results with line management.
- Be a part of, and deliver systems-focused, technical training to Field Service Engineers and Technical Support Specialists over a range of IDS platforms.
- Receive required Instructor Certifications from Global Training Team.
- Customize and improve training materials
- Work collaboratively with Global and Regional leaders to ensure product or procedural changes are incorporated into each curriculum.
- Engage with New Product Development (NPI) teams to ensure learning success for regional staff.
- Develop and maintain service Training Documents
- Maintain oversight and coordination of classroom environment; Ensure preparation of required materials.
- Insure training records are accurately maintained and easily accessible
- 2+ years experience with education training and delivery with medical device platforms.
- 3+ years service/support experience in the medical device Bioscience industries, working with sophisticated instrumentation.
- BS, Engineering or Life Sciences, or Education/Training.
- Proven training experience, with ability to optimally present sophisticated information to a variety of audiences.
- In-depth engineering acuity; Knowledge of relevant Applications, IT/Compute preferred.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, as related to process, maintenance and compliance.
- Ability to work with minimal direction. and innovative, taking ownership of courses under accountability.
- Continuous mentality for growth
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Highly organized and able to multi-task effectively.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work as well as be in a collabrative environment! Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting environment. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Come work for us!!
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 39 Loveton Circle
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing