At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Manufacturing jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Manufacturing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Manufacturing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in Manufacturing at BD may be waiting for you!
Continuous Improvement LeaderApply Now Job ID R-00278 Date posted 01/06/2017
Job Description Summary
Becton-Dickinson, a world leader in medical device manufacturing has an opportunity for the Manufacturing Excellence/Continuous Improvement practitioner who loves to take on challenges. This position will have visibility to both the Plant Manager and Executive Steering Committee (ESC) will develop strategic plans for continuous improvement and then implement tactical solutions focusing on cost and efficiency improvements by training and engaging BD team members in value stream improvement technologies and projects with plant level goals and objectives as milestones.
- Leads the strategic planning activity around value stream continuous improvement as well as developing and executing the implementation plans for that strategy. Responsible for ensuring Continuous Improvement Cost of Goods Manufactured Goal is achieved.
- Serves as the Plant’s Product and Process Subject Matter Expert. Owns Product Continuous responsibility for the Plant.
- Responsible for ensuring value stream team members receive the necessary education and training in the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools aimed at the achievement of Continuous Improvement objectives
- Coordinates with Market Platform Leaders to develop plans for, coordinate, and ensure ongoing value stream cost improvement over time. Coordinates and facilitates Continuous Improvement blitzes and projects; integrating activities with other headquarter functions, including Operations, Continuous Improvement, Quality, and Regulatory.
- Communicates activities with other manufacturing sites to share Best Practices.
- Coordinates with Production Manager and assigned plant production unit to develop Continuous Improvement budgeted cost reductions.
- Coordinates with accounting to ensure that value stream Continuous Improvement improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period to determine performance to expectations.
- Maintains current state and future state value stream maps.
- BS in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or a BS/BA degree and Continuous Improvement experience
- 5+ years’ experience in process rationalization, value stream engineering, manufacturing excellence or similar experience
- Minimum certification—Green Belt-Lean SS or SS
- Knowledge of TPS, Kaizen, SPC and other Value Stream technologies
- Strong verbal and written skills, strong interpersonal skills