At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Supply Chain jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Supply Chain careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Supply Chain at BD may be waiting for you!
Material Planning/Parts Crib FacilitatorApply Now Job ID R-08918 Date posted 05/09/2017
Job Description Summary
MATERIAL PLANNING/PARTS CRIB FACILITATOR
Reporting to the Material Control Manager, the Material Planning and Parts Crib Facilitator will facilitate or execute the tactical Procurement activities including, but not limited to order release, material inflow and inventory management activities for direct and indirect materials and the associated supply base within a team-based environment. Ensures Procurement functional compliance to all internal and external requirements.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Directs and manages the operation of the Parts Crib inventory and appropriate monitoring staff.
- Maintaining accurate system data to ensure supplier performance is correctly reflected in the system.
- Insuring that purchasing master and other data is up to date and correct in the system.
- Maintaining system master data that drives effective purchasing, such as lot sizes and minimum order quantities
- Review of production work orders and generation of material orders for intercompany and external supplies to support MRP output and plant purchase requisition requirements. Communication of order releases to suppliers
- Dispositioning and/or ensuring return of defective material to suppliers
- Acquisition and reporting of current material status to Production Control/Manufacturing Teams on an as needed basis. Keeping management informed of material issues and need date exceptions which may cause missed shipments
- Accountable for ensuring internal and external functional compliance, metrics analysis and reporting, and the material budgeting process
- Work closely with the Material Control Manager to establish departmental budgets, cost reduction goals and utilization or improvement objectives. Communicates and reinforces objectives with direct subordinates.
- Acts as Liaison for the Shared Service Center (SSC) on Indirect buying concerns in plant.
- Champion for safety by working with Employee Safety and Environmental Committee to ensure safety compliance through audits, safety goals and associated changes that influence safety within the department and surrounding areas.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Ensures new employees review and understand their Job Safety Analysis.
- Reviews on-the-job safety with employees during performance reviews.
- Updates department Job Safety Analyses when a job process changes. JD47 Rev 05 Page 2 of 4
- Works with the Employee Safety and Environmental Committee to schedule department safety audits, review and respond to audit issues.
- Participates in Plant Safety and Environmental meetings.
- Establishes and reports on annual safety and environmental goals as set out in Standards of Performance. Goals are to be specific, measurable, traceable, and include as many parameters as possible.
- Provides and maintains a safe and healthful place to work:
- Knows the actual conditions of the operating equipment and environment.
- Is constantly alert to observe and correct unsafe conditions and practices.
- Predicts and forestalls the possibility of an accident, and correct the condition that led to the prediction.
- Investigate reports of unsafe conditions and correct the cause.
- Knows what, where, when, and why personal protective equipment should be worn.
- Follows up. In addition to issuing work orders, project requests, etc., check the progress frequently until results are obtained.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Provides and maintains a safe process to follow:
- Knows the process and the "why" of it.
- Knows the properties and hazards of the materials involved.
- Is alert to improve the present processes from the safety standpoint based on knowledge of the materials and methods involved.
- Evaluates new and existing processes from a safety standpoint.
- Encourages suggestions for improved job methods, but stress that approval must be obtained before any changes are tried.
- Prevents "shortcuts" by being certain that employees know the job hazards and the corrective measure for each.
Other responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies/procedures.
- Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Ensures compliance through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Responsible for the activities and programs as defined for this position in the Quality Systems Manual - BD Broken Bow.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. JD47 Rev 05 Page 3 of 4
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of a B.S. Degree in Business Administration or related field of study is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, required
- 1+ year’s procurement experience, required
- 1+ year’s project management, required
- 1+ year’s leadership experience required, with people management experience preferred
- Fluent use of the English language: verbal, written, reading communication ability is required.
- Demonstrated analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills, required.
- Demonstrated ERP system knowledge required. SAP preferred.
- Physical Requirements Level 2
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pound occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, or negligible constantly. Walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting constantly and pushing/pulling controls.
- Mental Requirements
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of computers. Organizational skills required. Ability to accept responsibility and perform duties with little or no direct supervision. Strong understanding in the use/application of statistics.
- Equipment Use
- Ability to operate personal computer, statistical software, precision measuring equipment and office equipment.
- Working Conditions
- The position is subject to inside environmental conditions typically associated with an office environment and plant manufacturing exposure.
- Some Travel required.
- Although primarily a first shift position, may require working all three shifts, weekends and overtime. – as business needs are required –
- Certified Purchasing Management certification preferred.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- General Production Operator - RN Broken Bow, Nebraska 5002204
- Analyst, Contract and Billing San Diego, California 5002203
- Lead Technical Associate - Wingsets Sumter, South Carolina 5002206
- Non Acute Account Business Manager - Miami, Florida Miami, Florida 5002199