Non-Acute Area Business Manager - Mountain StatesApply Now Job ID R-11881 Date posted 06/06/2017
Job Description Summary
Within the assigned territory, (Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Nebraska) the Non Acute- Account Business Manager (ABM) is responsible for calling on OB/GYN physicians, Physician Office Labs, and Distributors as defined by a targeted accounts plan. The ABM will provide the assigned targeted accounts with complete and accurate information pertaining to the assigned BD product lines in a manner that will increase the usage of these products. The ABM is expected to effectively manage a balanced portfolio of products to customers across three distinct segments: Physician’s office, Physician Office Labs (POL) and distribution partners. Operating in these three customer segments requires the ABM to demonstrate the technical skills necessary to be successful across these segments, and includes but is not limited to, effectively presenting an economic model tailored for the segment. The role will require an effective ability to utilize business to business skills in partnering with customers and distributors.
The ABM is responsible to increase the demand and use of the following product segments: Vaginitis (Affirm and MAX MVP), Veritor, and SurePath products. In this role, the ABM will be responsible to communicate and effectively demonstrate the functionality and benefits of the BD Affirm™ and Veritor™ instruments to medical professionals which requires an understanding of the CLIA licensing process and relevant technical information.
Additionally, this role is responsible for achieving sales targets, obtaining marketing feedback, and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. The ABM also works closely with assigned local account teams which consist of Diagnostic Account Executives (DAE), Molecular Sales Specialists (MSS), Cytology Sales Specialists (CSS), and with BD Distributors to drive revenue growth.
- Attains or exceeds the overall sales plan and provide customer support for the Account Business Manager’s assigned product portfolio. (Territory goals - sales quotas, market share, product evaluations etc., distribution effectiveness)
- Calls on prospective customers and distributors, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information, deliver demonstrations, and prepare economic models/ proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Drives demand for Veritor, Affirm/MAX MVP via Vaginitis testing and in house testing if applicable
- Plans and organizes daily sales call activities to optimize the use of time and maximize the achievement of sales and market share objectives. Record all sales call activates on a daily basis and entering that data in the Sales Force Automation via BD2 system for tracking. Maintain BD2 system to the highest level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops and closes accounts within the assigned geographic territory using a coordinated team selling model. As directed by the Regional Business Manager (RBM), works with the Cytology Sales Specialist (CSS) and Molecular Sales Specialist (MSS), Manual Microbiology Specialist (MMS) and the DAE as a member of the local account team to implement business and account strategies.
- Represents BD Diagnostics – Non Acute at local, regional, and national meetings and conventions as required.
- Maintains timely and relevant communication with the RBM and other members of the local account teams. Effectively communicate competitive information and market information on a timely basis.
- Manages administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget, timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions, as applicable.
- Lives the BD Values, including but not limited to, the BD Code of Conduct and AdvaMed rules.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Life Sciences, Business,Marketing, or closely related discipline.
- Three (3) years documented medical sales success (experience) or a minimum of 5 years direct sales or business to business experience.
- Experience attaining or exceeding overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives.
- Proven track record in developing new incremental business and business partnerships on a yearly basis
- Must be self-motivated to succeed and have a mastery of the complex sales process.
- Computer proficiency is required, including skills with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of current U.S. healthcare trends that can be integrated into region sales strategies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, territory management, account assessment and relationship development skills.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking abilities with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Ability to adapt to changing markets and or territory conditions while maintaining all objectives and/or goals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such package inserts, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%.
Action-oriented - Is agile and timely in making things happen.
Continuous and Versatile Learning - Proactively builds knowledge and skills of self and others, to increase value/contribution to the company and to ensure personal and professional growth.
Customer Focus - Is flexible and nimble in keeping up with customer needs; is on the cutting edge of defining their next level of expectations, and working to exceed them.
Driving for Results - Consistently strives to achieve challenging goals and objectives whether individually or through others.
Influencing Others - Whether as a team leader or an individual contributor, engages others in ways that gain their willing support and cooperation in pursuing initiatives or particular courses of action.
Process Effectiveness - Understands results that must be obtained and establishes efficient plans for self and/or others to achieve them; alert to opportunities to improve existing processes for accomplishing work and pursues them.
Promoting an Inclusive Work Environment - Respects and values the diversity among us and leverages differences to enhance our performance and working environment.
Teamwork - Puts into practice values and behaviors that contribute to group effectiveness and performance, and the achievement of team objectives
Shape the Future Business- focuses on understanding the business and marketplace, and planning for the future. It involves being strategic in our planning, identifying opportunities that will help shape the business, and having the right systems and processes in place. This cluster includes Build Organizational Capability, Business Acumen, Initiative, Organizational Awareness and Strategic Planning.
Execute for Success- focuses on delivering results and achieving the desired outcomes. It involves having the knowledge and savvy to drive the business forward and striving to achieve challenging goals while meeting customer needs and gaining their buy-in to our ideas and solutions. This cluster includes Build Relationships, Communication, Demonstrate Customer Centricity, Drive for Results, and Influence Others.