Operations Administrative Assistant
Job Description SummaryThe Operations Administrative Assistant reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for analyzing, preparing, and executing all payroll data. Additionally, this position will be responsible for interacting with BD’s Associate Service Center and BD Talent Acquisition for various responsibilities and is expected to assist in carrying out various human resource functions and procedures for all company associates.
The Operations Administrative Assistant reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for analyzing, preparing, and executing all payroll data. Additionally, this position will be responsible for interacting with BD’s Associate Service Center and BD Talent Acquisition for various responsibilities and is expected to assist in carrying out various human resource functions and procedures for all company associates.
- Leading BD-Broken Bow’s Talent Acquisition Process, to include the following,
- Provide recruiting updates to local and WW Leadership Teams
- Lead TA meetings with TAPs
- Act as a liaison between hiring managers and TAPs to ensure that positions are filled in a timely manner
- Make recommendations as needed and/or escalate recruiting issues as required
- Assist in Onboarding & Training of associates, to include the following,
- Manage payroll and HR portion of Employee Orientation Program. Provide, process, and submit (to the ASC) new hire paperwork.
- Train associates on use of Employee Self Service (ESS) systems.
- Train all new supervisors and time admins on E-Time’s time and attendance.
- Lead execution of site payroll processes, to include the following,
- Prepare & submit all payroll related files utilizing Workday and E-Time system as required.
- Process and/or prepare the appropriate paperwork for extra effort compensation, tuition reimbursement, safety reimbursement, success sharing, shift differentials, training compensation, payroll deduction, job transfers, promotions, terminations, etc. to the Associate Service Center.
- Assist in the development of overall payroll procedures by recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for greater efficiency.
- Assist associates experiencing payroll related issues by directing them to the Associate Service Center and/or opening a case on their behalf.
- Provide reports to include, but not limited to monthly payroll and accounting reports; provide other reports on “as needed basis”.
- Prepare all hourly and performance reviews merit spreadsheets and forward to the Associate Service Center for timely and accurate processing.
- Additional support activities, to include the following,
- Actively participate in all aspects of the HR audit for Sarbanes Oxley or any regulated agency requirement for HR related information.
- Filing all performance reviews in associate’s file.
- Coordinate with the Associate Service Center and process all site charitable contributions.
- Process reward and recognition activities, as appropriate.
- Manage badges for associates, contingent workers, contractors and visitors.
- Gather data and input into wage survey projects.
- Assists in the coordination of associate-relations functions.
- Perform all other duties as directed by Supervisor or Department Manager.
- Bachelor's degree required. Human Resources or Business areas of study preferred.
- 3 year of experience in Human Resources, Payroll, or an administrative function required.
- Excellent computer skills, to include all MS Office applications; especially, excel.
- Experience with Workday and E-Time, preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and/or HR principles and practices, including ability to self-audit and ability to facilitate external audits preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate policies.
- Ability to learn and work with computerized payroll and time keeping systems.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Previous experience working in Human Resources and manufacturing facility preferred.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ