At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Quality Engineer jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Quality Engineer careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A Quality Engineer job at BD may be waiting for you!
Quality Engineer IIApply Now Job ID R-09096 Date posted 05/02/2017
Job Description Summary
Quality Engineer II is responsible for overall quality and regulatory compliance of designated product lines consistent with BD Broken Bow, Division and Corporate policies. This position will interact with internal business process areas, multiple BD plants, Division and Corporate with emphasis on Quality Improvement programs. Performs statistical analysis of new and existing processes using tools such as: descriptive statistics, measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, designed experimentation, control chart theory, acceptance sampling, etc.
- The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Acts as a resource to work groups and project teams, within the plant and outside the plant relative to quality and regulatory issues.
- Maintains familiarity with manufacturing processes and products to evaluate the cause and effect of defects and identify trends in process and product quality.
- Provides technical input for projects using the application of FMEA’s, risk mitigation, plant validations; DOE’s’ and other experiments and investigations as assigned.
- Lead projects using the application of continuous improvement tools and methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Works with all departments to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Formulates, reviews and implements policies and procedures relating to product quality and process control as appropriate.
- Ensures that all activities comply with government (OSHA, EPA, FDA, ISO, etc.) regulations and corresponding company policies/procedures including activities and programs as defined in the Quality Systems Manual for BD Broken Bow.
- Coordinates machine and process capability studies, analyzes the data and submits recommendations.
- Designs and assists Production, Engineering and Division in the completion of new product/process evaluations including Hazard Analysis.
- Coordinates communication between Division R&D and Plant personnel on new products, product improvements and product issues.
- Participates in Engineering and Production functions as required to achieve the overall objectives of the Plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as Internal Audits, PIR/CFI investigations.
- Supports plant safety initiatives.
- Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies/procedures.
- Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles. Ensures compliance through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound Quality Assurance principles. Responsible for the activities and programs as defined for this position in the Quality Systems Manual - BD Broken Bow.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes and reinforces all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
- Controls activities within his/her scope of control, such that departmental budgets are met. Contribute information as required to establish departmental budgets.
- Be familiar with plant and divisional goals and develop standards of performance that will contribute to the accomplishments of those goals.
- Required Education
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in Science-related field, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent is required
- Required Experience
- 1+ years of experience within a highly regulated, manufacturing environment is required, related internships may apply as required experience
- Preferred Experience:
- Working knowledge of Validations, IQ, OQ, PQ, and DOE's is desirable.
- Working knowledge of QSR's/ISO 9000 and their application would be a plus.
- Black Belt/Six Sigma training highly desirable.
- Experience in the application of FMEA and risk mitigation.
- Experience with Value Stream Analysis and Lean Methods highly desirable.
- Proven track record of supporting and driving continuous improvement activities in a production environment.
- Physical Requirements Level 2
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pound occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, or negligible constantly. Walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting constantly and pushing/pulling controls.
- Mental Requirements
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of computers. Organizational skills required. Ability to accept responsibility and perform duties with little or no direct supervision. Strong understanding in the use/application of statistics.
- Equipment Use
- Ability to operate personal computer, statistical software, precision measuring equipment and office equipment.
- Working Conditions
- The position is subject to inside environmental conditions typically associated with an office environment and plant manufacturing exposure.
- Ability to travel on a very limited basis is required.
- Although primarily a first shift position, may require working all three shifts, weekends and overtime and as business needs require.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow
Work Shift1st Shift 730am-4pm (United States of America)
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- General Production Operator - RN Broken Bow, Nebraska 5002204
- Analyst, Contract and Billing San Diego, California 5002203
- Lead Technical Associate - Wingsets Sumter, South Carolina 5002206
- Non Acute Account Business Manager - Miami, Florida Miami, Florida 5002199