At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Quality Engineer jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Quality Engineer careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A Quality Engineer job at BD may be waiting for you!
Quality Engineering AssistantApply Now Job ID R-11354 Date posted 05/30/2017
Job Description Summary
The Quality Engineering Assistant tests product and/or components for function; Collects and analyzes data; Plans and coordinates special project activities/Factory Work Orders; Administers product testing procedures; Executes and/or supports plant studies and validations; Writes and/or Revises all types of documents, forms and policy procedures; Writes/Originates ECR/O’s; Serves as backup for incoming inspection.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Sets up and conducts experiments to provide meaningful data for analysis and submits final reports.
- As a validation practitioner, writes, executes, and reports on validations.
- As a validation contributor and supporter, provides help and support for the execution and data gathering associated with validations. Uses current documentation system to revise/write all types of specifications, forms and Policy/Procedures, as well as writing/originating ECR/O’s and data storage/ analysis.
- May perform administrative duties in current documentation system as assigned.
- Runs Factory work Orders and performs product testing for new or redesigned products/ processes, line extensions, customer complaints, and in-plant quality issues.
- Conducts Process Capability Studies and MSA’s, collecting, organizing and processing data.
- Fluently interfaces/communicates with personnel from Division, other B-D plants or external suppliers.
- Provide support for internal audits, third party regulatory audits and customer complaints as required.
- Serves as backup for incoming inspection functions, as necessary. Measures and tests incoming materials and finished products per specifications and test procedures using the latest equipment and technology/inspects material visually for specified characteristics.
Other responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complies with all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies/procedures.
- Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their facilitator.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associates degree required (Education must be in process with more than two semesters completed and proof of continued registration to be considered.)
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 1+ year in a quality role within a highly regulated manufacturing environment required
- Previous experience in SOP creation or update and approval collection is required. Writing policies and procedures – technical writing ability.
- Experience in execution and understanding of validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA’s, training to protocol, collection of supporting documentation, update of SOP’s) is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in writing of validation, study, and MSA protocols strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and/or supporting Six Sigma projects preferred.
- Formal Green Belt certification preferred.
- Exerting up to 20 pound occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, or negligible constantly.
- Walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting constantly and pushing/pulling controls.
- A visual acuity analysis must be successfully completed or on file for associates entering this position. A valid driver’s license will also be an acceptable substitute for the visual requirement.
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Ability to use all basic mathematical operations (i.e. multiplication and division), including proper use of decimals.
- Experience using Minitab strongly preferred.
- Ability to manually operate a computer with a standard keyboard, standard calculator, electronic balance and other measuring instruments and gauges as required.
- Operate an optical micrometer preferred.
- Operate manual pallet movers, preferred.
The position is subject to inside environmental conditions typically associated with an office environment.
The position reports directly to the Applicable Group Quality Leader.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow
Work Shift1st Shift 730am-4pm (United States of America)
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- General Production Operator - RN Broken Bow, Nebraska 5002204
- Analyst, Contract and Billing San Diego, California 5002203
- Lead Technical Associate - Wingsets Sumter, South Carolina 5002206
- Non Acute Account Business Manager - Miami, Florida Miami, Florida 5002199