Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryResponsible to Identify, lead, and complete continous improvement projects and objectives through successful implementation using Lean manufacturing and six sigma disciplines. Leads Lean Manufacturing blitzes and Six Sigma projects to improve business performance. Assists in planning, execution, and monitoring of continuous improvement activities.
Responsible to identify, lead, and complete continuous improvement projects and objectives through successful implementation using Lean manufacturing and six sigma disciplines. Leads Lean Manufacturing blitzes and Six Sigma projects to improve business performance. Assists in planning, execution, and monitoring of continuous improvement activities.
- Assist in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programs as developed by the Plant Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager and the Executive Steering Committee (ESC/LT).
- Site leader of targeted non-conformance reduction. Goal is 50% reduction by end of FY22. Targeted non-conformances are labeling, package integrity, and mixed product.
- Project Management and execution. Plans, leads project update reviews, and completes action items. Sets goals, establishes priorities, manages project resources, develops concepts and approaches, and makes management decisions.
- Lead the change control process. Effectively reports out to both site and off-site teams on progress of projects.
- Ensures regulatory compliance of projects by collaborating with the applicable groups. Complies with all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including HCRA Hazardous Waste regulations. Follows all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Facilitate Lean Manufacturing Blitzes.
- Lead projects and mentor project teams in problem solving efforts utilizing the DMAIC process to improve quality, reduce cost, improve process efficiencies, etc.
- Perform analyses of systems and business processes to identify, recommend and implement modifications that will improve efficiencies and overall plant performance.
Experience and Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
3 to 5 years related experience.
Preferred Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience.
Preferred project management experience.
Preferred packaging and labeling experience.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
BD and Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is temporarily remote-based due to Covid-19. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate reporting to work at the site if/when associates are requested to return to the workplace.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.