Machine Operator Nights
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Continually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance.
- Make authorized adjustments and modifications to equipment as needed to maintain process quality and productivity.
- Responsible for product quality; in-process checks, accurately complete all quality documentation, quality documentation review, requalification, and rework.
- Perform quality inspections, process tests and record data accurately as required.
- Seek assistance from Operating Support Specialists and Supervisors to meet quality and production expectations when required.
- Perform and/or assist with product or equipment changeovers.
- Assist line technicians with equipment repairs, trouble shooting and preventive maintenance.
- Keep machinery and work area in a neat and orderly fashion to follow GMP requirements.
- Maintain accurate documentation for reporting PPH, scrap/waste, SAP and MES transactions.
- Identify and report any issues to the Supervisor.
- Proactively participate in problem solving methods through CI activities, (Blitz and Kaizen events).
- Operators must effectively cooperate with the others to ensure effective shift transfer and communication.
- Support business needs by working overtime as necessary to satisfy schedule requirements
- Participate fully to achieve the department safety goals.
- Hold self-accountable to follow all safety policies & procedures.
- Debrief accidents and implement solutions to eliminate root cause.
- Hold team members to safety standards, regulations & policies.
Education and experience required:
- High School Diploma or GED
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ