Manufacturing Supervisor (Nights)
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the business lead, the Production Supervisor is the management representative on the shift. The Production Supervisor leads shift activities to achieve an overall objective of continuous improvement in productivity, quality, cost, budget compliance and attainment of strategic objectives. The Production Supervisor will be a communication conduit between the department business lead and Operations Support Specialists. Based on business need, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for making resource allocation decisions among multiple product lines when necessary. It is the responsibility of the Production Supervisor to effectively lead and collaborate with others in the Molding, High Volume, Specialty/Integra, E-beam, and warehouse departments to ensure efficiency of operations. Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and initiative in meeting objectives and removing road blocks.
• Assists in the planning and scheduling of product manufacturing requirements supplied from Material Control
• Supervises and directs hourly personnel within the department.
• Monitors daily productivity and waste. Works with the Operations Support team and Manufacturing Technicians to identify problem areas deterring from the
department meeting established budgeted costs of operation and reviews with the department leadership for appropriate corrective actions.
• Drive identification and lead completion and control of continuous improvement projects including green belt projects, blitz facilitation, blitz action items, PPH improvement projects, cost savings projects, quality improvement projects, and documentation changes.
• Plans staffing needs and works with Operations support team to meet production schedules. Coordinates requisitioning of personnel with the business lead and the department manager.
• Interviews job applicants and assure all new hired employees are provided on-the-job training and that this training is documented.
• Assures all product produced on the shift meets all established quality guidelines and all operations meet GMP requirements.
• Lead shift safety performance by ensuring adherence to established safety policies and regulations, conduct safety audits and communications meetings, participate in accident investigations and make corrective action recommendations. Be a role model for safe behavior.
• Assures company equipment and other company investments within the department are maintained properly.
• Maintains and reviews appropriate attendance and performance records on all employees taking preventative and corrective measures to control below standard behaviors and performance.
• Consults with management regarding special employee problems, needed policy changes, and labor relations climate.
• Informs all personnel within the department of changes of policy and appropriate management communications.
Ensure new employees review and understand their Job Safety Analysis.
Review on-the-job safety with employees during performance reviews.
Update department Job Safety Analyses when a job process changes.
Work with the Safety Steering and Safety Rep. Teams on safety audits, review and respond to
Establish and report on annual safety and environmental goals as set out in Standards of
Performance. Goals to be specific, measurable, trackable, and include as many parameters as
Other responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
1. Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations,
2. Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of
sound Quality Assurance principles. Ensures compliance through appropriate communication,
training, and education of sound Quality Assurance principles.
3. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
4. Observes all safety, environmental, and quality system standards.
Three years experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ