Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Laboratory Technician is responsible for preparing and performing the microbiological testing required for Internal (BD Canaan) and External (BDX) Lab Customers per established Work Instructions and Standards. The Technician must exercise accuracy in performing test procedures and must keep accurate records.
- Responsible for Sterility Testing, including SDAs, Sterility tests, and BI tests while
maintaining a sterile field
- Responsible for non-sterile product Bioburden testing while maintaining a sterile field
- Responsible for LAL testing
- Cleaning and disinfection of the micro lab spaces
- Environmental monitoring of the manufacturing floor and the Controlled Access Room
- Preparing media for all associated testing, and the associated quality checks, as well
as sterilization of testing utensils
- OOS investigation of testing failures
- Calibration and validation of the Micro Lab equipment
- Cleaning and decontamination glassware used in microbiological equipment
- Trend micro lab testing data
- Works with Internal and External Customers to ensure customer satisfaction, adherence to Standards and adherence to schedules
- Work independently
- Work in a team environment
- Give and receive feedback
- Solve problems and make informed decisions
- Set priorities and timelines
- Take initiative (see what needs to be done and then do it)
- Work OT without prior notice
- Participate fully to achieve the department’s safety goals.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Take responsibility for own safety.
- Hold self-accountable to follow all safety policies & procedures
- Debrief accidents & implement solutions to eliminate root cause.
- Hold team members to safety standards/regulations & policies.
- Education in laboratory procedures and techniques or equivalent work experience is required.
- Strong verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aseptic skills and accuracy required in performing tests.
- Ability to update lab policies and procedures
Additional and Preferred Skills:
- College level Microbiology coursework.
- Preparing product test samples as well as preparing EPCDs
- GMP training and auditing
- Participate in audits from ISO, customers
- Other duties as assigned
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 7am-330pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory