Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryProvides leadership to project teams. Ensures that objectives for projects are met in terms of scope, time, cost, and quality. Addresses technical, regulatory, business and operational needs. Enables a seamless transition to manufacturing and commercialization. Coordinates efforts with cross-manufacturing and commercialization. Coordinates efforts with cross-functional project team members to assure completion of programs in a manner that meets business, customer and regulatory requirements.
Becton-Dickinson, a world leader in medical device and healthcare manufacturing has an available opening for an accomplished Project Manager with experience in new and retrofit manufacturing equipment installations. We are looking for that Project Manager who enjoys a challenging environment and has the skills to handle two major and up to four smaller projects at once…a Project Manager who approaches each day from the perspective of a well-organized PMO.
The successful candidate will have the following experiences and attributes at minimum:
- Strong project management skills, including end-to-end planning, project launch, tracking, project communications, milestone and critical-path evaluation and course correction and team-building
- Train and develop cross-functional teams, matrix management of cross-functional teams
- Use advanced problem-solving methodologies and tactics on issues that occur during project life-cycles
- Maintain project budget and time discipline; communicate variances in sufficient time to mitigate production delays or budget over-runs.
- Develop protocols and prepare engineering justifications for proposed projects, using sound engineering and statistical technologies and techniques.
- End-of-project equipment turn-key validation protocol
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS-Engineering - Ideal candidate will have a degree in Packaging, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ yrs. (at minimum) experience as a Project Manager or Project Leader in a high speed/high volume manufacturing environment such as disposable medical device, food or beverage manufacturing or pharmaceutical (proprietary or OTC).
- Proven experience as a Cross Functional Team Lead or Member
- Strong communications skills-including presentation and platform
- Must have substantial High-Speed/High Volume Manufacturing exposure
- PMP is preferred; SS or LSS certification is a big plus
- CIM a plus
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.