Senior Operations Manager, Manufacturing
Job Description SummaryManages all activities for the MAP Operation Team. Responsible to achieve business objectives for SQDC in alignment with a good jobs strategy. Provides leadership in the areas of manufacturing, engineering, planning, quality, finance, and continuous improvement to achieve production volumes at the highest quality and lowest cost. Reports directly to the Plant Manager.
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Drive the operation of assembly operations to follow schedules, highest safety standards and annual improvement in quality and total cost for existing products.
- Actively participates in the planning of new product introductions. Emphasis will be placed on the ability to achieve rapid implementation of new products, while meeting quality goals and productivity ramp-up curves.
- Plans for manufacturing to achieve the strategic objectives, and organizes the manufacturing resources to be superior to competitors in key areas.
- Communicates clearly to the plant staff the business goals and objectives of production operations and provides reports to reinforce the achievement of these goals.
- Takes part in the prioritization and management of plant engineering projects. In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, assures appropriate congruency with BD strategies.
- Establishes and oversees the activities of multi-functional teams including all plant functions as required to achieve desired goals.
- Ensures the appearance of all manufacturing areas are maintained daily in accordance with all vital requirements and in-line with the image we want to portray to everyone who sees our facility.
- Analyzes and controls manufacturing schedules to assure compliance with the master schedule issued and reviews performance against the schedule.
- Oversees the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for all manufacturing departments to assure attainment of the approved budget.
- Develops and maintains procedures for waste reduction, improved efficiency and cost reduction programs relating to manufacturing departments.
- Originates or assesses measures designed to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Interprets company policies and production procedures to subordinates and directs their activities.
- Responsible for associate motivation, the maintenance of good associates’ morale and disposition of associate complaints.
- Ascertains the accuracy of production records submitted to Accounting, so that statements forwarded to Division Finance accurately depict the true financial status of the BD PAS manufacturing.
- Analyzes and makes required changes in materials, manning and production when schedules are altered.
- Responsible for a formal Labor Planning Program for professionals and salary non-exempt associates, including associate counseling, training and development.
- Has direct interface and involvement with special groups on the Corporate, Division and plant level in developing plans for problem solving, process improvements.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements including, but not limited to ISO and FDA standards. Also works in collaboration with the Quality Manager to drive continuous improvements’ in the plant’s quality system.
- Works collaboratively with Engineering and the site’s Safety Committee to enhance the plant’s safety culture and ensure a safe work environment. Ensures full compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal safety standards.
Supervision: large team of approximately 200 Associates.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 7-10 manufacturing operations experience in a highly automated environment.
- Good understanding of Operations Strategy aligned to BDX Business Strategy
- Analytical skills, communication skills, and good problem resolution skills
- Solid understanding of Supply Chain and Finance
- Results driven, data driven
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 730am-4pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ