Sterilization Team Member (12 Hr Nights)
Job Description SummaryPerforms various positions within the sterilization department operating equipment based on assessed skill levels in concert with other team members. This is a night shift from 7pm - 7am.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Operate machines to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Repair, adjust and trouble-shoot machinery, including dismantling, replacement of parts and reassembling. Seek assistance, as necessary, from people outside the department (engineers, controls group, tool room, etc.).
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all products produced in the department, raw materials required, and product quality specifications.
- Proactively participate in safety and continuous improvement activities within work area
- Achieve or exceed annual individual KAS goals.
- Notify Process engineer, and area manager of issues with equipment or operators and help to develop corrective strategy.
- Work to complete PM tasks and coordinate completion of additional repairs during PM time.
- Keep machinery, work area, tool box and floors neat and orderly and follow GMP requirements.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team with limited supervision.
- Executes additional duties and improvement projects as required by Process engineer, or area manager.
- Must be familiar with all relevant controlled documents (Work Instructions, Forms, etc.), preventative maintenance task lists and equipment manuals which pertain to operation of all equipment in the department.
- Support business needs by working overtime as necessary, in either set up or operator capacity to satisfy schedule requirements
- Ensures efficient shift transfer through effective communication.
- Meet skills rotation requirements with capability of performing a minimum of three department positions within a reasonable assessment period
- Participate fully to achieve the department’s safety goals.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Hold self accountable to follow all safety policies & procedures.
- Debrief accidents and implement solutions to eliminate root cause.
- Hold team members to safety standards/regulations & policies.
- High School Diploma or GED
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ