Technical Lead - Nights
Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for the planning, direction and supervision of all technical associates in MAP BD Canaan. Drive assigned associates activities to support the ultimate objective of 100% equipment up-time, zero product defects and scrap reduction. This is accomplished through hiring, training, mentoring, leading and managing. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read, write, and converse in English.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support the hiring of competent and qualified technicians to support the manufacturing process.
- Mentor technicians on technical related issues.
- Help technicians set their daily priorities based on the needs of the plant.
- Work with Cell Lead, Business Lead, Process Engineering on addressing safety, quality, waste, pph and plant output.
- Collaborate with the Business Lead/Engineering Manager in supporting any improvements to the processes and/or equipment, to ensure reliability at the highest possible levels.
- Coordinate and communicate projects with assigned associates.
- Lead and influence individuals that do not report to you.
- Support the implementation of new processes and automation projects on the manufacturing floor.
- Positively lead teams to initiate change and improvements.
- Assist in selecting and defining projects, spare parts usage
- Contribute new ideas, and find innovative methods to accomplish goals.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including HCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to encourage a positive atmosphere in BD Canaan.
- High School Education or GED
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Technical Associates degree preferred
- All other duties as assigned
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ