Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryHuman Factor Enginner
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD UCC is looking for a passionate human factor engineer who can keep human behaviors and limitations central, designing systems that promote work health and safety while also focusing on better efficiency and anticipating errors that are likely to occur when a customer uses medical device products in a healthcare environment.
This human factors engineer will consider the science and research on human behavior, human abilities and limitations when designing devices, machines and systems that work well with how humans behave, rather than forcing humans to adapt to an unrealistic design.
- Participates on global Project Teams as Human Factors Representative.
- Ensures that principals of Design Control are applied to New Product Development, Product and Process Changes.
- Support drafting human factors / healthy volunteer study surveys and protocols.
- Collect information required for IRB approval.
- Attend Human Factors / Healthy Volunteer Study to facilitate execution, observe, document observations, and ask questions.
- Support Human Factors / Healthy Volunteer Study vendor(s) with planning and execution of each Human Factors / Healthy Volunteer Study.
- Review and approve all product labeling.
- Comply with all local procedures and applicable regulations.
- Expertise in Design Verification, Design Validation Process, Test Method and Software Validation for Medical Devices.
- Ability to participate and provide leadership on teams and maintain positive work environment with those teams. Understands team functions, leadership technique, time management, project management methodologies and able to balance multiple task assignments.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation). Understands how to present information dependent upon the level of the audience.
- This position may extend beyond roles and responsibilities listed above to meet BD UCC business requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Human Factors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, or relevant equivalent concentration.
- Extensive knowledge of Medical Device standards and regulations including ISO 13485, CFR 21, 821.
- Experience in design controls for electromechanical medical devices and disposables including design transfer to manufacturing, experience should include risk management and reliability engineering.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationIND Chandigarh - DLF IT Park
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.