Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The Peripheral Procedural Specialist promotes BD Peripheral Intervention products to customers and potential customers through clinical support and education within a defined geographic area and as directed by the Regional Manager.
- Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and hospital staff on technical matters relating to BD Peripheral Intervention products through case support, conducting and/or coordinating one-on-one in-servicing, and/or available internal/external physician education training programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers, hospitals and physicians. Obtains new users and applications for company products and services.
- Observes and reports market trends which affect BD Peripheral Intervention sales, service and product development.
- Represents BD Peripheral Intervention in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Processes customer complaints and returns in accordance with established procedures and policy.
- Maintains company automobile and company property.
- Complete and processes BD Peripheral Intervention reports including but not limited to: Clinical Specialists reports, expense reports, monthly product tracking reports and complaint reports in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Fulfills the duty of a Territory Manager in vacant territories and supports endovascular procedures as directed by the District Manager.
Additional Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Product knowledge and all features and benefits of BD Peripheral Intervention products
- Surgical and endovascular procedure knowledge, adequate to support clinical cases
- Basic anatomy
- Medical and surgical terminology
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree or B.S. in Nursing, Cardiovascular, Radiology, Vascular Surgery or other equivalent technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in the Operating Room, Interventional Radiology Lab, or Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Current credentialing and / or certification in respective clinical discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of vascular access management, vascular surgery, and endovascular medicine preferred.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to maintain numerous priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Self-motivated, takes on additional responsibilities, and manages priorities with minimal supervision.
- Frequent travel required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe BPV Building 1
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing