Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe BD Interventional Surgery Division offers a broad range of infection prevention and biosurgery products, including ChloraPrep skin prep, Arista Absorbable Hemostat, and Progel Air Leak Sealant.
This position will lead, manage, develop and support a team of Associate Territory Managers, Territory Managers and Quality Care Consultants, which focus on growing, protecting and expanding the sales of BD products using a balanced selling approach.
- Lead, manage, develop and support team of selling associates.
- Lead, manage, develop and support the Surgical Sales team and business in:
- Selling and supporting Infection Prevention products – including ChloraPrep®, Clippers, and Clip Vac
- Selling Progel PALS, Tridyne Vascular Sealant Products
- Selling ARISTA Microporous Polysaccharide Hemostat and Avitene Microfibrillar Collagen Hemostat Products
- Selling and supporting minimally invasive surgical (MIS) instruments
- Collaborating with V. Mueller/ASC representatives and other BD teams
- Selling and supporting all legacy businesses
- Over-achieve region sales plan in all measures and lead direct team to do the same.
- Has accountability for managing financial resources.
- Provides technical guidance to associates.
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to direct team.
- Role models BD Surgery’s high ethical standards and code of conduct.
- Recognizes development needs and capability gaps of direct team and arranges specific projects/assignments to address needs.
- Proactively identifies talent internally and externally, including participation in succession planning process.
- Cascades organizational goals through the function/work area to the individual level and ensures individuals understand how they can contribute.
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style.
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly, applying knowledge of profit drivers.
- Works with customers to anticipate and interpret customer needs and business challenges.
- Identifies quality and service-oriented customer solutions and shares key learnings with others.
- Resolves operational problems that impact the effectiveness region.
- Encourages associates to strive for operational excellence by continually challenging old methods or ways of thinking and taking responsible risks to maximize results; serves as a role model in innovative thinking and in focusing on quality within work.
- Works collaboratively with internal/external groups to achieve business results, integrating the diverse perspectives of individuals of different backgrounds; coaches others in the dynamics of effective teamwork.
- Effectively solicits and explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view; states own point of view.
- Is an advanced strategic partner, tactician, collaborator, and team player vertically and horizontally in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 6 years healthcare sales experience, with documented successes and a track record of overachievement.
- Sales management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to empower sales personnel.
- Proven track record advising sales representatives to achieve corporate goals.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate personnel performance problems.
- Demonstrated success mentoring and explaining how to sell in a managed care environment.
- Operating room sales/medical device experience is preferred.
- The ability to work in an operating room environment is required.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Must poses and maintain a criminal background satisfactory to BD. Criminal backgrounds may be monitored on an annual basis or as needed.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with Internal Customers – Sales Training, Marketing, National Accounts, Customer Service, Contracts, Field Sales Team and External Customers – KOLs, Surgeons, Physicians, Nurses, and Sourcing.
- Thorough understanding of the needs/analysis approach to sales.
- Understands contract administration and group purchasing.
- Must live within assigned region.
- Travel – Approximately 80% of work time will be spent traveling, including overnight.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Additional Desirable Qualification Skills and Knowledge
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Procedure knowledge adequate to illustrate convincingly the benefits of BD’s products.
- Basic anatomy – Ability to discuss the various products in relation to the human body.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA RI - Warwick
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing