Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Pharmacy Specialist is a resource for the execution of the Medication Delivery Systems valuable clinical business strategy, specifically passionate about supporting the Medication Delivery System Platform product line. This technical and informative support provided by the Pharmacy Specialist helps to differentiate the Preparation Solutions product portfolio to our customer through a peer-to-peer relationship.
The expertise and credentials of the Pharmacy Specialist improves the credibility of recommendations to customers and strengthens our customer service and support. This support to customers is achieved through recommending standard methodology, conversion management, and facilitating education and training.
Remote Candidates may reside in OH, MI, MD, or PA
- Serves as a primary resource for preliminary education and training of customers on our PhaSeal, PhaSeal Optima and Texium product lines in the Pharmacy (inpatient and outpatient). Training may be in the form of one-on-one sessions or in-service informative programs for larger group settings.
- Serves as a primary resource for preliminary education and training of customers on our Vascular Care product portfolio. Training may be live or virtual, in the form of one-on-one sessions or in-service informative programs for larger group settings.
- Provides follow-up support at the Pharmacy level for current customers to support retention of based business.
- Conducts customer visits in key accounts as assigned in support of retention and penetration opportunities.
- Participates in the development of tools for the advancement of the clinical skills of the selling organization
- Report Salesforce.com.
- Participates in trade shows to promote the company’s product lines.
- Leads responsibilities within the allotted T&E expense budget
- Align with all Corporate policies and external policies to include PharmaCode and AvaMed.
- Optimally provides education on the Closed System transfer device while demonstrating accurate techniques for sterile compounding with hazardous drugs.
- Works in concert with the Clinical Specialist and the Sales team to ensure the conversion management process is effective throughout the timeline of validation to retention.
- Supports the regional team in conversion management strategy sessions
- Shares best practices experiences with the Platform, RBMs, and DNA's to continue to enhance programs and processes
- Supports training activities that help increase the clinical acumen in the Pharmacy for new hires as well as tenured Sales Consultants
- Thoroughly understands and can demonstrate effective use of approved clinical studies in the appropriate situation.
- Ensures completion of vital documentation for customer complaints as needed
- Travels as necessary based on account assignments with a focus on designated areas of the country activity
- Maintain open and effective communication with all internal and external customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience preparing hazardous drugs in a specialty pharmacy, hospital pharmacy or compounding pharmacy
- Demonstrates solid understanding of USP 797, USP 800 and current safe handling guidelines
- Understands knowledge of use of hazardous drugs across the health care setting
- 3-5 years’ experience in educating others
- Possesses basic digital literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Must be able to travel up to 90% to service the regional, area and national needs
Job Qualifications & Proficiencies
- Works well on teams
- Relates optimally to all levels of individuals both internally and externally
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Exhibits ability to present utilizing adult learning principles
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong organization skills with an understanding of the need for documentation
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing