At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Quality jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Quality careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Quality at BD may be waiting for you!
Chemical Lab Technician - 1st ShiftApply Now Job ID R-20001 Date posted 09/13/2017
Job Description Summary
Performs chemical test methods for the analysis of in-process and finished products. Maintains the validation and calibration of chemistry testing equipment. Will manage major lab functions and projects. Follows procedures concerning hazardous and Non-hazardous waste disposal, creates and revises documentation and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Running and maintaining validation instruments.
- Reagent preparation.
- Validates new chemical test methods.
- Re-validation of equipment as needed.
- Verify current calibration in the chemistry lab equipment.
- Performs chemical testing.
- Maintain documentation and revisions.
- Help maintain adequate chemical and supply related inventories.
- Validates laboratory equipment.
- Maintains Chemistry Laboratory Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Operates and maintains lab equipment.
- Validated and calibrated chemistry testing equipment.
- Up-to-date chemistry documentation.
- Accurate chemical testing for in process and finished goods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma
Preferred: Bachelors' degree in one of the life sciences
Required: 0-2 years' experience in laboratory sciences
Preferred: 1-2 years' experience in laboratory sciences
- Ideal candidate will have hands on laboratory experience.
- Experience validating instruments is desired.
Note: Strong preference will be given to candidates who meet preferences.