Global Technician- 3rd Shift
Job Description SummaryMaintains production equipment. Duties will include assisting with engineering projects and other continuous improvement activities. Installs, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and adjusts all equipment and systems throughout the facility. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintains production equipment.
- Duties will include assisting with engineering projects and other continuous improvement activities.
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and adjusts all equipment and systems throughout the facility.
- Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support the Controls Coordinator & Process Engineers in implementation of process improvements in the area of mechanical & electrical systems, programming, and Vision Systems.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair of machinery, pneumatics, electric motors, variable speed drives, machine vision, and servo systems.
- Performs Preventative & Predictive Maintenance and calibrations as assigned.
- Maintenance and repair of Programmable Logic Controllers, Robotics, and Industrial networks.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment within established standards and requirements.
- Responsible for spare parts inventory for machines and equipment.
- Will instruct machine operators on proper methods of operation, preventative maintenance, and safety to assure quality and quantity of parts.
- Acts as a leader, coach, and team builder to fellow associates.
- Duties may require correction of problems during off-shifts on a call-up basis.
- Update Quality System documents as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree Required - Electro-mechanical Technology or other related technical field
- Basic Electrical and Computer Knowledge
- Proficient Mechanical/Technical Systems and Equipment Troubleshooting Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ