Job Description SummaryReports directly to the plant manager in Columbus with operational alignment to the Business Leader. Responsible for production, operations strategy, staffing, and performance of PosiFlush operations in Columbus. Responsible for leading the overall activities involved in the production of high quality products at or below established standard costs. Provides leadership in developing strategies to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost. Applies positive associate relations practices in accordance with plant policies. Builds organizational capability at all levels. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to speak, read and write English. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
Serves as a member of the plant leadership team reporting directly to the plant manager. Participates in all major plant activities including strategic planning, budgeting, quality initiatives, and HR policy. Serves as on-site leader of PosiFlush operations in Columbus. Focuses on productivity, technology, team effectiveness, and overall performance. Focuses department resources on safety, quality, delivery and cost. Works closely with the business leaders in the operational areas of demand/capacity planning, business strategy, manufacturing strategy, and technological advances. Drives continuous improvement projects for the business. Actively participates in critical supply chain efforts related to procurement, logistics and warehousing. Builds a highly capable, self-managed team to manage operations. Utilizes principles of empowerment, team effectiveness, variable pay, or similar initiatives to ensure a positive operating environment. Effectively manages capacity to ensure adequate production. Fully responsible for GMP and all related regulatory efforts utilized for the operations. Assures a clean and safe work place for associates. Leads special projects to drive strategic initiatives for the plant or business. Other duties as assigned.
- Compliance to production schedules/on-time delivery and products manufactured to meet quality expectations.
- Labor, waste, and expense budget objectives met in areas of accountability.
- Continuous improvement and optimization of product flow/throughput.
- Associates in units exhibit development, high involvement and empowerment.
- Delivers strong safety, quality, delivery, and cost results for assigned areas.
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 7-10 years manufacturing operations experience in a highly automated environment.
- Direct supervision of production associates (large team).
- Management experience with people leaders, hourly production associates and technical associates preferred.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ