Mechanical Technician - D shift
Job Description Summary
Job Group: JG1
- Provides mechanical support to assigned department to achieve production and quality goals.
- Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support department production by keeping machines in proper working order.
- Maintain equipment to reduce down time by performing required PM’s.
- Order replacement parts as required.
- Identify and implement process improvements, using the CIR process.
- Assist with Engineering projects when required.
- Required to work during plant shut down periods to perform PM’s and assist with Engineering projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standardization and configuration of assigned equipment according to specifications
- Elimination of reoccurring equipment problems
- Continuous improvements to equipment-related waste and quality performance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED Required
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical or other related technical field Preferred
- 3 – 5 years of related experience
- Basic Electrical and Computer Knowledge
- Proficient Mechanical/Technical Systems and Equipment Troubleshooting Knowledge
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ