Mold Maker - 2nd Shift
Job Description SummaryMoldmaker
**For immediate consideration, please submit an up to date resume when applying for this position online**
This position is responsible for supporting the Molding operation. Must have a basic knowledge of what a mold is and how it functions. This individual will collaborate and organize internal resources to complete mold maintenance work across business units in a timely and cost effective manner. Must have a big picture view of the molding operation to determine the urgency of work, understand a PM system and the ability to document and record critical data; must have a proven strong mechanical and technical background and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Must have the ability to run machine tools in the shop, (mills, lathes, grinders, torches, heat treat, saws, and CNC equipment) as well as thorough knowledge of steels and applications as well as a basic concept of electrical
- Disassemble molds and determine parts needing to be repaired or replaced.
- Clean mold plates and all components.
- Check for proper gating, venting and cooling of mold.
- Record and maintain all maintenance documentation as required.
- Polish cavities and cores to specified finishes.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and analyze problems with molds.
- Read and understand blueprints, sketches, and schematics relating to molds.
- Have the ability to use all measuring tools (micrometers, calipers, indicators, travel dials, and their applications) to measure and determine proper mold and component fits and tolerances within .0002” to .0005”.
- Wire molds and read an OHM meter to understand basic electrical issues in diagnosing heater and thermal couple failures.
- Construct or rebuild mold components per prints, using any or all machine tools available in Mold Repair area as well as the Tool Room.
- Assemble mold and components maintaining proper dimensional tolerances.
- Maintains an extremely clean and safe work area with an emphasis on 5”s.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Dependable, highly motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years in a mold repair or mold making environment.
- Molding Knowledge Assessment will be administered
- Associate's Degree in Machining Technology or Mold Making
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities (KSA’s):
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude necessary to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Machine modifications and process improvements on equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Read mold drawings
- Use of micrometers, indicators, height gauges, etc.
- Ability to operate machine tools
- Molding, mold design, material flow and mold steels and their applications
- Troubleshooting skills to be used for continuous process improvement
**All qualified candidates will be required to complete a Mold Maker Skill Assessment**
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
Use of forklift, gauge, hazardous chemicals, and microscope
PCP Requirement: 3
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ