Needle Assembly EMT - B Shift
Job Description Summary
Electrical Mechanical Technician
Job Grade: JG1
Applicants for the Electrical Mechanical Technician position must be fully capable of all duties of a Mechanical Tech, including set-up, adjustment, and changeover of production equipment, troubleshooting and diagnosing any issues that may arise when operating the equipment, and maintaining and making improvements to the production equipment such that quality and production standards are met or exceeded. Applicants for the position must also fully support any additional activities of the department, and provide on-the-floor leadership and assistance in the training and development of production line operators.
Additional duties of the Electrical Mechanical Technician include the ability to support and troubleshoot PLC's, operator interfaces / HMI (Panelview), and vision systems on production equipment. Applicants will be required to work with the Controls group to understand PLC programs and maintain PLC ladder logic programs. Applicants should also have a good understanding of the various networks used within the department (Ethernet, DH485, DH+, Devicenet, etc.).
1) Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment issues. Setup, adjust and changeover production equipment as required.
2) Support and troubleshoot department PLC's, Operator Interfaces / HMI (Panelview), and Vision Systems
3) Propose design changes and review with department engineering to upgrade equipment, improve product quality, and eliminate reoccurring problems. Order parts, components and equipment as required.
4) Install, modify, and understand control panel wiring and safety circuits.
5) Perform all other duties as required by the Engineering Coordinator to insure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
6) Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Electrical-Mechanical Technology or equivalent.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficient with AutoCAD, Blueprints, Schematics, Technical Writing, Controls & Control Systems Programming, Machine Vision Systems and Inspection, Mechanical Systems, and Ability to Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems. Ability to speak, read & write English.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
PCP Level 4
JG 1 (B1/B2/O1/O2)
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ