Posiflush Electro - Mechanical Technician - D Shift, $5000 Bonus Incentive Being Offered!
Job Description Summary
Job Group: JG1
PCP Level: 3
Shift: 12 hour Nights - 6pm-6am
*** $5000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility. ***
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Proven personal initiative is a requirement.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow hazardous waste handling procedures to comply with EPA requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting, diagnose causes, and repair equipment as required.
- Test electronic circuits to locate defects and understand the use of oscilloscopes, signal generators, amp meters, and voltmeters.
- Install, modify and understand control panel wiring. Work closely with the Controls group to understand and modify PLC programs and maintain PLC ladder logic programs.
- Train operators and assist with machine set-ups/operation as required.
- Work with central crib to maintain an inventory of spare parts, both fabricated and commercial. Perform troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Propose design changes and review with engineer to upgrade equipment, eliminate re-occurring problems, improve product quality, reduce costs, etc.
- Duties may require correction of problems during off shifts on a call-up basis. Work closely with tool room to make timely repairs.
- Work schedules may fluctuate due to product and process start up or machine issues, as well as training of new associates on the off shifts.
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime when needed.
- Driven to learn new systems, able to train others, assist with specifications & training documents.
- Individual will be trained to run, diagnose, and rebuild all key manufacturing equipment. Candidate will be expected to work closely with manufacturing teams for validation and revisions to the controls and designs of manufacturing systems.
- The job may require providing coverage for dept set-up, leading mechanical rebuilds, and working with outside vendors.
- Must be a team player, flexible, quick learner for new technologies and a demonstrated leader.
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of two years technical school training in electronics, electrical mechanical, and/or equivalent experience in the military/industry.
- Ability to speak, read & write English
Starting Hourly Wage:
- Negotiable based on experience and education.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ